Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Come on all you shooters that are driving ammo prices up, Why is sportsman supply in PA about the only place selling ammo, come on there a big ammo shortage everything that on the internet should be selling, To all the shooters that think the same pass it on we are driven the price up. Also saw something on tv from a senator he had a good point the white house is fully armed, they have more security with fully auto guns to make sure the top guy and family are safe. Thats what he said they need to do that in schools these places are hit because they are easy targets, those people that do this in our country as far as shooting people up are no more than terrorist that need to be delt with, And if you have to take the {edited language}out then that is what needs to be done, Its no differnt than any other country, Let more good people carry. nothing has work so far......

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
You seem to be stuck on one theme of blaming shooters for ammo shortages. I seem to recall Homeland Security purchasing 750 million rounds of hollow point and then 750 million rounds of other ammo including armour piercing this year and the social security administration purchases 174,000 rounds of hollow point this year not to mention the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's purchase of 46,000 rounds of hollow point ammo. Add to that the US military and you should be able to see where all the ammo is going. Panic buying, you betcha the government at it's best.

·
Registered
44 Posts
jhphurt>>>> Have you ever considered buying on line, Sportsmansguide.com, Cheaperthandirt.com, Luckygunner.com, there are many. I buy all my ammo on line and I compare prices and you can't beat the deals online suppy offers. Once you buy from a site and regsiter, they send you specials and you save even more. And your purchases are not recorded or shared with anyone. The ammo comes directly to your door step. I have at the very least 500 to 2000 rounds for every caliber I own. Any you can find excellent deals on bulk for 223, and 7.62.x39 and 7.62x54R is dirt cheap and fun to shoot. Broaden your horizions man, don't blame gunners for higher prices.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yes I have, you seen there prices, probley the same ammo they had that they were selling for 12 bucks a box look at it now, Hey terry p who said anything about ammo shortage I am using that for excuse there no shortage thats where I buy my ammo from is sportsman supply all that I talk to said there no shortage What I said is that were driving up the prices Ammo companys are not in shortage there loving our finger that pull the trigger, I dont see any of the places where you can buy ammo saying sorry were all out there a shortage. its like everything else if you dont buy it for a while it prices will fall. but if there is s demand for it prices still high, I had a FFL, own gun shop state license for dealing handguns, been threw the Brady bill, y2k, la sniper. All events made ammo go threw the roof because of panic

·
Registered
69 Posts
You seem to be stuck on one theme of blaming shooters for ammo shortages. I seem to recall Homeland Security purchasing 750 million rounds of hollow point and then 750 million rounds of other ammo including armour piercing this year and the social security administration purchases 174,000 rounds of hollow point this year not to mention the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's purchase of 46,000 rounds of hollow point ammo. Add to that the US military and you should be able to see where all the ammo is going. Panic buying, you betcha the government at it's best.
I don't think uncle sam is the paranoid nut that is buying every box of"22" ammo available at walmart, academy,atwoods, tractor supply, bass pro,etc?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Judging by the lines at Cabela's and my LGS and the bare spots on the shelves where all the AR's and AK's were, yes, I'd say there is a bit of panic buying going on. However, both stores had plenty of ammo, although Cabela's did get their "10 box limit" signs back out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have been ordering online. If you watch you can find some competitive prices. I think it is probably natural when people react this way after feeling threatened. The last I ordered was about 2400 rounds. I feel if I order online I need to order enough to make the most out of the shipping and handling charges.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Come on all you shooters that are driving ammo prices up, Why is sportsman supply in PA about the only place selling ammo, come on there a big ammo shortage everything that on the internet should be selling, To all the shooters that think the same pass it on we are driven the price up. Also saw something on tv from a senator he had a good point the white house is fully armed, they have more security with fully auto guns to make sure the top guy and family are safe. Thats what he said they need to do that in schools these places are hit because they are easy targets, those people that do this in our country as far as shooting people up are no more than terrorist that need to be delt with, And if you have to take the {edited language}out then that is what needs to be done, Its no differnt than any other country, Let more good people carry. nothing has work so far......

I still don't understand where you are going with your series of posts (there have been at least two) like this thread.

I believe the vast majority of shooters haven't stocked up to the extent that you have. See post below where you were talking about the amount of 9 mm ammo you have on hand. Based on your post it would seem like you are one contributing to the shortage significantly.

I have 6000rds, I dont know if I want to shoot it or look at it, bought 2000rds last week for 500 bucks thought that was alot 250 dollars per case guess not

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Quate from mndoggie:
I still don't understand where you are going with your series of posts (there have been at least two) like this thread.(end quote)
+ 1 to that!

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Quate from mndoggie:
I still don't understand where you are going with your series of posts (there have been at least two) like this thread.(end quote)
+ 1 to that!
Michael, since your LC9 is not in currently your posession, your need for 9 mm ammo had dropped. Please send me all of your hoarded 9 mm ammo......

:D :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts