Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you purchased a semi-auto pistol and a SA/DA revolver both priced the same as new, which one after 10 or so years would hold a higher value in the same condition? My vote would be the revolver...what say you?

·
Registered
420 Posts
It depends on each firearm. If I bought a new Colt Python and lr' s say a Colt Gold Cup, the Python would be worth more. If I bought a Colt Gold Cup and a S&W 66, the. Gold Cup would be worth more.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Depends...........on the low end, I would say the auto

Medium price range, I would say the revolver

High end, probably the auto

·
Banned
365 Posts
Too many variables here to give an absolute answer to this question, but here goes:

It depends mainly on what the revolver and semi-auto are, what condition each is in, brand names to some extent, and what market you are trying to sell these guns in at the time of the sell. I've been to gun events where you couldn't give away a semi-auto, and I've been to events where you couldn't give away a revolver. Then I've been to an event where it like sharks at a feeding frenzy, everything was selling at asking price. Again, too many variables to deal with.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too many variables here to give an absolute answer to this question, but here goes:

It depends mainly on what the revolver and semi-auto are, what condition each is in, brand names to some extent, and what market you are trying to sell these guns in at the time of the sell. I've been to gun events where you couldn't give away a semi-auto, and I've been to events where you couldn't give away a revolver. Then I've been to an event where it like sharks at a feeding frenzy, everything was selling at asking price. Again, too many variables to deal with.
I assume, with current world events, that even used higher capacity semis' are at a premium...so maybe the times can dictate value!

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I think it's more a matter of price point than type of gun that will determine which holds its resale value the most. High end semi autos or revolvers always hold their value better than the cheap stuff, whether revolver or semi.

·
Registered
871 Posts
It depends. Too many variables. The Colt Python is a strange case that even amazes me. Staying with Colt pick a pre WWII National Match 1911 to and a target Colt revolver. Depends. Even in the Ruger world that P89 Ruger made in 9mm and 38 Super often brings silly high prices at an auction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts