Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, long time no see. I left the fold for a while but I have returned. I see there's a new site now, looks very nice! Anywhos:

I just traded my Marlin 925:

For this new stainless Ruger 10/22 Carbine:

The Marlin was giving me some fits with the bolt. The trigger wasn't resetting properly and the bolt would occasionally pull right out. I managed to get that issue taken care of but I was never really happy with the flimsy feeling bolt or the stiff trigger, so I decided today to run up to Bud's and see if I couldn't trade out for a Ruger. It's quite nice going from a gun with absolutely no aftermarket to a gun with one of the largest aftermarkets out there. My head is spinning from all the different stocks and such there are for this thing. I threw my cheap Simmons 22 Mag scope on there for now; it will work until I can get a nice scope for it.

I'm glad to have a Ruger rifle again.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks like you're getting ready to have some fun "pimping" your rifle! :D

Be forewarned though, it is quite addictive!

Looking forward to your updates as you decide what to do with it.

JJ

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just realised I put this in the handgun section. If a mod would be so kind as to move it to the rifle section I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just going to make a new thread in the rifle section to discuss mods and the like. I feel foolish for making this thread in the pistol section. :p

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts
Nice change of pace to see a pretty rifle amoung the pistols .... lol! have fun with it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks like you're getting ready to have some fun "pimping" your rifle! :D

Be forewarned though, it is quite addictive!
JJ
It's not only addictive, it can get expensive. I think the mods I've mad to my 10/22T cost at least two thirds as much as the basic gun cost. And I haven't modded my gun nearly as much as some folks do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice looking Ruger you got there. Btw i have a Marlin 925M and had some bolt issues too, when you tried to cock it as soon as you got the bolt forward it would drop the firing pin. Turns out the screw was loose that holds the trigger to the action straight from the factory.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts