Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me what's wrong with this picture ...

Reactions: Booger

·
Registered
152 Posts
“stupider”
Is not a word......

Sorry , but that was my elementary school teacher screaming at me and busting my knuckles with the wood yard stick.

“Just when I thought stupid couldn’t get more stupid.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
"Cheaper"-than-dirt sent an email for 380 fmj, 100 rounds for....$199. Insane.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hey, I've got 1500 rounds of Wolf Gold brass ammo in .223 that I paid .27 a round for...when the sales price gets up to $5 .00 a round, I'm going to sell it and use the proceeds to help pay for a new Corvette! :)

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I used to buy 1,000 rounds for about that much. I guess there are people out there with a lot more disposable income than me, who are willing to pay 5x the normal price.

·
Super Moderator
3,415 Posts
One might call it stupid, but it’s hard to know a person’s situation. Perhaps the winner didn’t stock up so now he is forced to pay market prices, or maybe it’s a new shooter who is stuck playing catch-up with those of us who don’t have the “need.” Regardless, it is the market that determined the price, not some price gouger who set the price. I know the seller just from the picture and without looking, that auction started at a penny. The price seems high to us, but it is still what the buyer was willing to pay. If the shortage goes another year, would that price look better to you?

·
Premium Member
14,218 Posts
Could be a great time to start a reloading supplies manufacturing business. I firmly believe this is going to go on longer than the Obama driven drought and prices are going to skyrocket even higher. I would bet the primer manufacturers are working 3 shifts a day and really looking at how to add capacity quickly. Remember they have to make a profit and keep an eye on the long term. Hiring now may make for more layoffs later when things cool down.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One might call it stupid, but it’s hard to know a person’s situation. Perhaps the winner didn’t stock up so now he is forced to pay market prices, or maybe it’s a new shooter who is stuck playing catch-up with those of us who don’t have the “need.” Regardless, it is the market that determined the price, not some price gouger who set the price. I know the seller just from the picture and without looking, that auction started at a penny. The price seems high to us, but it is still what the buyer was willing to pay. If the shortage goes another year, would that price look better to you?
there is no "seems" it is HIGH ... everyone has the right to spend their money as they see fit, i would never say otherwise ... I surely wouldn't want someone telling me how and when to spend my money, it was an observation in craziness on my part ... nothing more nothing less, if you took it as an attack on the buyer, i don't know what to say but you were wrong ...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm down to my last 2 boxes of .380, 50 rnds each. One hollow point, one FMJ, both Remington. Plus 1 magazine of hollow points which I kept from my last time out at the range. I shot extremely well last time out. It must be that feeling of making every round count!

Wait - I just checked & 1 box is a double stack. I'm RICH !!!

IMG_20201029_131916.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,415 Posts
there is no "seems" it is HIGH ... everyone has the right to spend their money as they see fit, i would never say otherwise ... I surely wouldn't want someone telling me how and when to spend my money, it was an observation in craziness on my part ... nothing more nothing less, if you took it as an attack on the buyer, i don't know what to say but you were wrong ...
Actually I was challenging your premise that the price of the case of ammo was stupid, not that you were attacking the buyer. This is the market operating efficiently. The buyer is setting the price and in this day and age, this is the price. It’s not good, it’s not bad, it just is. How many threads have we had discussing just the potential of shortages leading up to elections? Throw in the pandemic and the price is what it is. It’s not stupid, it’s not wonderful, it’s just the product of what supply is out there vs the demand. It might seem high to some people, and to others, they will gladly buy two at that price if they were able to get it. And depending on what happens on Tuesday and the uncertainty of the election is behind us, that price will either seem high and prices will start to decline to what we perceive as normal, or that price will seem like a deal. Again, not good or bad, just a product of market forces.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Midway earlier this week sent me an email that they had IMI 5.56 in stock. They wanted $700 for a 1200 round case, including shipping. I have plenty of 5.56 but I was still tempted because I'm expecting Biden to win. I stocked up the last few years so I wouldn't have to pay that much for ammo ever again. It took them about two days to sell out.

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
I wonder what those hoarders who have 500,000 rounds of .22LR are doing now? They should be unloading a bunch of it right now if they are smart. Donchathink?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts