Ruger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a K10/22 with a Green/Black Laminate Stock, series 242. Gun is perfect, no box. I was told it was a Walmart gun. Does anybody have the model # for this gun?

· Registered
169 Posts

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No not that one, that's a new gun. This one is from 1995. I sent for a Ruger Factory Letter this morning. That will tell me the correct model. Thanks for the help though.

· Banned
437 Posts
It is the green, grey and black laminated stock? Stainless? If so I have those from 1992 NIB and they are model 1115 and series 235. Ruger calls it a black laminate stock ...I'd have to disagree with them. It is more green than black.

http://www.ruger.com/products/1022DE/specSheets/1115.html

According to Ruger they were made for Big Rock Sports, but those were the first laminated stock models that were sold through WalMart. I still have them with the WalMart receipt taped to the box as well as a WalMart price tag.

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Catman, mine looks just like that. Black and dark green with some hints of orange in the wood. Gun appears to have been a safe queen. I paid $275.00 for it. I need to figure how to post pictures. Anyway, should have the Factory Letter in 6-7 weeks. Thanks for the help.

· Banned
437 Posts
Catman, mine looks just like that. Black and dark green with some hints of orange in the wood. Gun appears to have been a safe queen. I paid $275.00 for it. I need to figure how to post pictures. Anyway, should have the Factory Letter in 6-7 weeks. Thanks for the help.
Glad to help. Anything else you need just ask. As I mentioned, I have several of these NIB ...I just regret not getting at least one International. :( They are doing well as far as value. IIRC the price in 1992 was $186 (I have certainly made worse investments :eek: ;) )

· Registered
6,515 Posts
This was one of the early non-cataloged models before the flood of this sort started within the industry. They'd since made this same model a number of times and not just for Walmart.
While called black laminate by Ruger the dyeing process then wasn't always a perfect process and at times the result had this greenish hue to it. Some of the later ones had the more black tint.

· Registered
2 Posts
It is the green, grey and black laminated stock? Stainless? If so I have those from 1992 NIB and they are model 1115 and series 235. Ruger calls it a black laminate stock ...I'd have to disagree with them. It is more green than black. Ruger® 10/22® Autoloading Rifle According to Ruger they were made for Big Rock Sports, but those were the first laminated stock models that were sold through WalMart. I still have them with the WalMart receipt taped to the box as well as a WalMart price tag. .
Any chance you still have any of these

· Registered
2 Posts
It is the green, grey and black laminated stock? Stainless? If so I have those from 1992 NIB and they are model 1115 and series 235. Ruger calls it a black laminate stock ...I'd have to disagree with them. It is more green than black.

Ruger® 10/22® Autoloading Rifle

According to Ruger they were made for Big Rock Sports, but those were the first laminated stock models that were sold through WalMart. I still have them with the WalMart receipt taped to the box as well as a WalMart price tag.

Could you let me know if you know where I can find these?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts