Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this from a November 14th announcement on the Kansas Attorney General's website:
So far more than 3,250 Kansans have applied for a concealed carry handgun license. The Attorney General’s Concealed Carry Handgun (CCH) Unit receives an average of 40 new applications each working day. Of those applications received, 2,604 have been approved. The CCH unit will begin notifying them in December. The Kansas Department of Revenue will issue the first licenses on January 2, 2007.

I got this from a December 7th post by 'lable' on the www.KsConcealedCarry.com website:
I spoke with Chuck Sexson from the AG's office today and he told me the first wave of approvals is scheduled to go out on Dec. 18.

Got to check my mailbox first thing when I get home tonight. Maybe today is finally the day!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No letter in yesterday's mail.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
rman
Glad to hear the positive news from your state. I think it is an important issue that our
state governments step up to the plate to authorize and provide for legal carry for self protection. Our families deserve it. Congratulations.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by jaredshs

rman
Glad to hear the positive news from your state. I think it is an important issue that our
state governments step up to the plate to authorize and provide for legal carry for self protection. Our families deserve it. Congratulations.
Thanks!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I remember when I was awaiting my license-I licked that mailbox out every day-couldn't have been any more excited if money was coming...then came the day when I saw the DPS return and the Texas seal, and felt the license inside.....I was overjoyed-my tail wagged like an Emerson fan--finally legal---prouder than when I got my first gun----it's a shame we need a license-better if we were like Vermont---but it's good to have one and good to be part of the few who wait, watch, prepare to make a difference....

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Had mine since 1974. Have to get it renewed every fve years and when I do I take it down and get it embossed in plastic as it has to last for 5 years

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still no letter - seems like they ought to get on the stick if they are going to start issuing on Jan 2, 2007. I'm getting anxious!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You won't have a problem getting issued-you didn't list any of us as character references, did you-----did you?????

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

You won't have a problem getting issued-you didn't list any of us as character references, did you-----did you?????
Are you kidding? My momma didn't raise no dummies. (cept'n my brother):D

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still no letter as of Tuesday. I'm beginning to hate my mailperson.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Don't shoot the messenger! Haha!

In MI, it was an entirely different process for me. I had to turn in my application, get fingerprinted at the sheriff's dept., wait for the state police to do the fingerprint background check (30-60 days), then when all comes back good, it goes to the county gun board (consists of one state police officer, one county deputy, county clerk, assistant DA, and a secretary), and they notify you of their next meeting (they have one a month), which you can go to, or wait for the next one. You appear in front of the board, and they ask questions regarding anything pertinent on your record, and give you a yea, or nay. The yea's go upstairs and get their permit on the spot (you have to provide a passport type pic, which they laminate over).

They are thinking of moving the whole thing to DMV now I think, and have eliminated fingerprinting for renewals. Still plenty of hoops.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This thing has been quite a process. I started it in July.
1. Download and complete an application from the Kansas Attorney General's website.
2. Apply for and take a State approved 8 hour training course. ($125)
3. Get 2 passport type photos taken and attach to application. ($15)
3. Take application, training certificate and 2 cashier's checks to the Sheriff's office in your county. ($110 goes to AG, $40 to the Sheriff.) There you are fingerprinted.
4. Wait for an approval letter from the AG.
5. Go to nearest Driver's License Examining Office to get another picture and ID Card. ($15)
6. Licenses are not issued until on or after 1/2/07.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One of my co-workers came over a few minutes ago and said his wife called. He got his approval letter in the mail today. Wahoo! Maybe I got mine too.

·
Registered
557 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Well????
That's a deep subject.....:D

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
W A H O O ! (That's a yes)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts