Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad day in Kansas City. I have been a Chiefs fan for most of my life and thought that this was the most dismal season a fan could endure with a 1 & 10 year so far. Boy was I wrong. The tragic murder/suicide involving Jovan Belcher eclipsed everything. Don't know what could have driven him to this. It will take the city and the fans a while to come to grips with this. Sadly he also left a 3 month old orphan behind. My prayers go out to the family members, the team, the fans and the city.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Universities prepare these young men to play pro ball, but not how to handle the life of a pro athlete. We see these sad outcomes time and again.

All he had to do was walk away from the fight with his baby's mama, but he couldn't do it.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Terribly sad day...for all involved! The sad part is just how quickly frustrations can escalate and end badly...with no chance and recovery! I wonder how many saw signs...and never took steps to intervene...if anyone saw signs?

Prayers for all involved!!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Universities prepare these young men to play pro ball, but not how to handle the life of a pro athlete. We see these sad outcomes time and again.

All he had to do was walk away from the fight with his baby's mama, but he couldn't do it.
It is sad, but jaxrider is right. So many are pushed through school on their athletic ability alone. They attain wealth and fame beyond their means of coping with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.