Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Kel-Tec PMR-30 is one of only a handful of pistols chambered in .22 magnum, one of my favorite calibers. I've read mixed reviews on this gun, which apparently is in big demand due to cult status and low production. More are showing up on gunbroker for around 400 bucks and I'm tempted but heard there were some cycling problems early on and other issues.

Any comments appreciated.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I have one going on about two months and I really like it. Really appreciate the 30 round mags but usually just put 25 in each as that is a box of ammo. (does go fast with magazines like that). It is very accurate, very little recoil for as light as it is and a little fireball at the muzzle. I would recommend it if you can find one.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Have had mine for about 2 months also. No problems at all. Reasonable accuracy, VERY low recoil, VERY large muzzle flash. As already said, you can burn thru ammo very fast with 30 round magazines. Fun gun to shoot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My PMR 30

I got mine (Tan) in Dec 2012 and have about 1500 rounds thru it. In early days tried a few different ammo with a few FTFs, but since switching to a steady diet of Hornady CD no issues ever. After all CD is pistol ammo. I have both the standard and extended barrels and now just use extended without the flash suppressor. Why hide the fun. I have only replaced the buffer and have done no other mods. Have a LaserMax Uni-Green mounted underneath. Shoots great and it is a blast and always draws a crowd at the range. Only negative is both and availability of 22WMR. Also have a Ruger RAR in 22WMR, so it got all my other ammo. Paid $415 and in those days, that was a bargain. Hope this is helpful and now i have to figure out how to post a photo. BTW, not to take away from this forum, but if you want more on the KT products, have a look at KTOG (KelTech Owners Group)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts