1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes. I Put one on pre-order about a month age. Gonna be a long wait too. But it is now 7x7+1. And yes it is a evil looking Lil Demon. SWEEEEEEET.

·
Registered
539 Posts
after watching the nutnfancy review of the weapon it seems a little akward to cycle from tube to tube. nice looking but not sure it is worth the money compared to a mossberg or remington semi.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I really would like one but Im gonna wait. I want to make sure there are not any flaws and give them time to 'perfect' it, if there is such a thing. It is a cool design and would make a wicked home defense shotgun. I want one in 3" chamber. They need to make it automatically switch tubes when the first one is empty.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
IMO its just another KT designed that i wish someone else would manufacture

·
Banned
2,137 Posts
I am "Starkly unclear on the purpose".

It's a great thing that we can get many guns we want in this Country, and if you like it go for it, but, like the Ruger "Charger" it causes a "Huh ???" reaction with me.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Hadn't heard of these until I saw an ad in the recent issue of American Rifleman on page 43.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Have one on pre order too. Been on the LIST for 3 months. Why JUST CAUSE.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I've been using it on and off again in Modern Warfare 3. Doesn't seem to be as good as the "street sweeper" or the AA12.

I would still love to see one in real life. I have a feeling they will be offered up in the multitude of colors that other Keltects come in as well.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
i REALLY dont like the idea of a 12 ga round detonating under my cheek. especially in a gun manufactured by a company i dont especially trust

·
Registered
29 Posts
I recently had the opportunity to T/E one of these. Let me say to start that I am a huge shotgun fan and enjoy everything that fires a bunch of metal with one squeeze of the trigger. However, I have some issues with this weapon. Let me start by saying, the primary advantage of this little package is the shell capacity. If you have a problem that necessitates more than 15 rounds of 12 guage, you are hip-deep in a REAL mess. However, although the capacity is great, the whole concept of the double magazine tubes is quite complicated from a tactical standpoint. Switching from one mag tube to the other, if one is loaded with buckshot and the other loaded with slugs, is accomplished by a relative;y switch located toward the very rear of the stock. Manipulation is not at all easy, and most know that fine motor skills are the first things you lose in a high-stress situation. I also found the compact bull-pup design to be uncomfortable. This opinion is probably biased by years of using the Remington 870 and Benelli Super 90. Tactical reloading is not at all practical given the design.

In short, I found it to be very tacti-cool, but not very tactical.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
i'll stick to my 870's. old faithful

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
The purpose of this gun is because it is not a mossberg or remington 870 or a clone of such. I remember reading about the neostad from south africa years ago this seems to be the same gun. I am now at the point where if a gun magazine has long time readers will remember, such and such I almost always do. Guess that goes with reading gun mags for almost 40 years. I will probably purchase one of these when they become commonly available. I will let someone else have the latest toy right away.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a Mossy 500. Great gun. I want this one because. Fine moter skills do go in a high stress situation. But with anything if you Practice it gets easier. Besides this one will be great when the ZOMBIES come.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts