Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, if you guys have been keeping up with my experiences with Kel-Tech, and a PF-9 I bought recently, you know of my problems with it. I casually mentioned in my letter I sent with the pistol back to them that I really would prefer to get my money back on the gun. Low and behold, today there was a check in the mail for the gun and shipping! I figured it actually about $12 short of what it should be, but I will take it! I am floored, honestly, because I never expected them to actually give me my money back on the gun. They did not send any letter, or anything else, just a check. Now I might be able to afford more AR stuff!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
gunman, a wise business man once told me that happier people spend more money. this true and just one unhappy person can ruin a life of good business. They understand good customer relationships, while you may not like their product you do like your treatment from them and that alone with will bring much more business that all the adds in the gun magazines and books.
Hard to find fair and honset companies these days and they have taken their stand on what the consummer wants fair treatment money back if your not pleased.
Also by you shipping the weapon back and letting them know what you found wrong with it helps them fix it so it doesn't happen again. The weapon you sent vback is more than likely to be used for self defense, or ccw weapon of carry they have to work first time every time. There is no second chance, neved was when it comes to keeping yourself and loved ones safe.
I am glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
That is a sure sign that they still want your business and that they do respect the buying pubic. Providing a refund went above and beyond. My p11 sure was a good one and i would not hesitate to buy another one later on down the line if i felt the need.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
gunman - I too had a PF-9 and I had too many feeding problems to ever trust it. I ended up selling it. My Kel-Tec P3AT had some feeding problems too, but I spent about 2 hours in front of the tv doing a fluff and buff on the feed ramp. Now it feeds great. Looking back, I probably should have done the same to the PF-9. Glad you got your money back. I don't think many companies would have done that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had my P3AT for a couple of years and I've had similar experiences as others with it. At first, a lot of FTEs. Did a thorough fluff and buff and I haven't had a FTE in the last 12 months. Given that I wear shorts 90% of the time in the summer, it's about the only thing that works easily.

I've also got a SIG P 230 for those times when I can carry larger and heavier. It's always been reliable.

I always remind myself of that old saw: A small caliber light-weight pistol in your pocket is better than the big heavy .45 in your safe at home.

Bob

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:Originally posted by ShipWreck

Wow. That is great that you got the refund!
Tell me about it! No one was more stunned than me when I opened that envelope!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I keep thinking about buying a Kel-Tech just to use as a pocket gun but I've always been afraid of the quality issues. It's amazing they refunded your money though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
quote:Originally posted by David the Gnome

I keep thinking about buying a Kel-Tech just to use as a pocket gun but I've always been afraid of the quality issues. It's amazing they refunded your money though.
Go ahead and buy a P3AT and give it a try. You may have to do a fluff and buff, and they've got a great owners web site at KTOG.Com to help you through any questions. But I'm very comfortable with mine now. And they don't cost much. The worst you could do is have to sell it at GunsAmerica for a small lose. It's pretty low risk.

Bob

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I got the 3AT and it had a few jams when I first got it but after about 100rds it settled down. I got maybe 400rds through it now and it shoot everything I put in it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I know a spook who carries one in each front pocket...ball ammo...says at the range he'd use them...any hole-puncher would do...carries a 9 on his belt...I've heard that model you have, Baldy is really reliable...for an "Oh, and one more thing..." gun, I guess it'd be OK...I'm totally spoiled by the .45 round, but I'd rather have a ratgun than nothing...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts