Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot the ole Kel-Tech again today, 50 rounds. This was a target at 15 feet. (14 rounds) I know that is not very far, but this is an up close and personal gun. I shot at a target about 20 yards away and kept all the shots on the target.

The more I shoot this gun, the more I like it. Once you get used to the trigger, you can stack it kind of like a Ruger double action revolver and know about when it is gonna go off. It has been 100% reliable so far.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
gunman42782
Looks like you could get the job done. Don't you wish Ruger would get on the bandwagon and
design and build a similar weapon? Looks like there is a market for one to me.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quote:Originally posted by jaredshs

gunman42782
Looks like you could get the job done. Don't you wish Ruger would get on the bandwagon and
design and build a similar weapon? Looks like there is a market for one to me.
Lord, yes, Ruger could make a killing if they would make a sub-compact.

·
Registered
576 Posts
gunman and jared...I agree with both of you guys...there is a market for smaller quality pistols...Ruger WOULD make a killing on them.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
that is not a bad group at all it would sure get the job done. As soon as Texas had the license to carry all the 2 1/2 and 3 inche security six's and S&W 36's dried up over nite. Ruger has a very big following and instead of making a new guna dn caliber I think they would have been futhure ahead if they would have gone way of the compact gun.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jaredshs

[8D] I sure hope that RUGER is reading this thread.
Hey, Ruger should still have the tools and such for the security six on hand---bring back the snub series and they should sell like hotcakes. As previously mentioned, Snub secuirty/speed sixes have gone up in price--as have 3" s&w 64's and 65's. Seems these gun companies (Hello Ruger!)discontinued most of these models before the big push by the public for ccw. Nowadays that what?---38 States?---have ccw permits in place, the demand for a "k" frame size snub has pushed the prices on the used market to the point they cost more than when they were discontinued. Would seem that they would respond to the demand. The demand is in the area of ccw.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If nothing else Ruger should find a orphaned compact 9mm pistol and start importing it.
Like Springfield is doing with with the XD. Wilson is importing a polymer pistol now and doing the finial assembly in the US.

How about a Ruger Markrov? :)

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by Whirlwind06

If nothing else Ruger should find a orphaned compact 9mm pistol and start importing it.
Like Springfield is doing with with the XD. Wilson is importing a polymer pistol now and doing the finial assembly in the US.

How about a Ruger Markrov? :)
NO, NO, and a big fat NO! That is one of the main reasons I have stuck with Ruger through thick and thin is that they are made here, in the good ole USA. There is something a tad disingenuous about a company sticking their name on something they don't really make. Remington imports Russian shotguns, Smith imports Turkish shotguns, Springfield Armorys XD guns are from Croatia. I just don't think this is right. (My Kel-Tech is made here too, by the way.)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
At least kel-tec is actively going after the market and they seem to keep introducing new models. Now if they would offer a sub-compact 5-shot 45acp........

·
Registered
27 Posts
KT had a 40 S&W out and it did not do to well.
I guess a lot of people would limp wrist it and then send it in for repair saying that it was jamming.
I think a .45 would do better. But They would have to build a whole new pistol to work with the big fat .45 round.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Hey,
Big Cartridge:)-----Big Returns!!!:D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
The 45acp generates less pressure than a 40. I do not know why the 40 kel-tec demised. Probably a kicking son of a gun. Really think the 45 will work but then again, i ain't no engineer.
While kel-tec is at it, they should also make a .22LR. About the size of gunman's gun or a p11. Need me something small and light and .22 for the lake.

·
Registered
52 Posts
im new here but i do belong to ktog or kel-tec-owners-group.
i carry the 380 every day i have several hundred rounds thru it and a p-11 9mm as well as my ruger.all are reliable and get shot a lot more than most peoples guns.some people at the other forums talk trash about ruger ,colt h&k, smith,keltec and so on.its all about personal choice. i choose a gun because i like it not because someone else likes it.if we did that we would all ride harley,s
to each his own...by the way a friend of mine has a hi point that he
has put over 1000 rounds without a problem .we shoot every weekend
togeather so i know its true.cost of weapon.$88.00

·
Registered
404 Posts
I wish Kel-Tec would release a P-11 varient in 45 Glock. The round was developed to put a 45 in a 9mm length grip frame. The double stack 9mm grip width of the P-11 should be wide enough to take a single stack of 45.

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Wuchak

I wish Kel-Tec would release a P-11 varient in 45 Glock. The round was developed to put a 45 in a 9mm length grip frame. The double stack 9mm grip width of the P-11 should be wide enough to take a single stack of 45.
Good idea Wuchak! Those P-11s have been around long enough to be bullet-proof right out of the box. I've never been a big believer in the Gap but a P-11 in .45 Gap? I'd buy one - pretty impressive performance in a small package. I've got a 6+1 Taurus Millenium Pro in .45 Acp and it is a lot of gun in a pretty tiny package - shoots good too. I alternate between the P-11 and the PT745, depending on what I'm wearing that day. Both hide pretty easily. Come on Ruger - give us something we want, not what you think we should want.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The Kel-Tec is made right down the road from my house. I carry a P-3AT everywhere I go even around the house and out in the yard. I have around 500rds through mine and it is a shooter. For what they are made for they are a fine gun. If Ruger would come out with one like it they could make millions of dollars. Instead they are coming out with this .327mag which I see no advantage to.They discontinued the .32 SP-101 because of low sales and I think after a short lived high the SP-101 .327mag will go by the wayside. Just my 2cents.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.