Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this Kel-Tech PF-9 the other day:

Here it is next to my Ruger P89:

Notice the size difference. The Kel-Tech is much easier to pack, but the Ruger is much easier to shoot, and shoot well, than the smaller gun. But, the first rule of a gunfight is to have a gun! And with this gun, I no longer have an excuse to leave it at home or in the truck.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
looking forward to a range report. Going with pocket carry?

I sure wish ruger would r&d something small along these lines.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, as mentioned in my other post, I have shot a hundred rounds of 115 gr. JHP reloads through it with no problems. THe trigger takes a LOT of getting used to. It was acceptable combat accuracy (which means you sure will not win any matches with it!) The sights are quite good, being of a 3 dot variety, much like the P89. It came with a extension that you can put on your magazine, but I have not tried that as yet, but am sure it would make shooting it easier, but concealing it a tad harder.

I have bought a Desantis pocket holster for this gun, but have not tried it out yet (just got it today.) I have been using a holster that was gave to me by Aqualung on the other forum that is a knock-off of Thunderwear. It works quite good. There is absolutely no way anyone can tell you are wearing a gun with this combo. I suspect that the belly band holsters would work well too.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
The kel-tec concept is sure tempting. The weight and size just screams back-up. As i understand it, the pf-9 trigger is suspose to be much better than my old p-11 i had.
Hopefully it will make dbl taps more controlable.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I appreciate the photo of them together, it's hard sometimes to get a feel for the size of different handguns in relation to eachother.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
looks great and I have heard nothiung but good about them gunman. Yes I whole heartly agree I really think Ruger has missed out on the a big part of the market.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.