Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE!! Took the PF-9 with me today and shot it. After about 20 to 25 rounds the trigger failed to return. I took the thing home, took it apart, and after much contemplation and looking at the diagram figured out that the trigger return spring is supposed to ride in a groove on the underside of the connector rod. It was not, it had come off of it somehow. Problem solved, but this is quite disconcerting on a pistol that might be called upon to save your life.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Eesh, that's not good. Was this a problem from the factory or was this maybe something that happened during cleaning? Either way that's not very confidence inspiring.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
www.ktog.org

bulletin board portion for ideas and fixes

Might help out some

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quote:Originally posted by David the Gnome

Eesh, that's not good. Was this a problem from the factory or was this maybe something that happened during cleaning? Either way that's not very confidence inspiring.
No way this happened during cleaning, you would have to take the entire pistol apart, which I didn't do until today when it done this.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thank God you found out at the range...you deserve better protection than that.....

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took it out again today. Nineteen rounds later, it did the same dang thing. To say I am a little P.O.ed would be an understatement. This gun is going back to the factory, and probably trade the stinking thing off when it gets back.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
May I suggest Taurus made 6 and 7 shot .38 and .357 snubs...the 6 being a smaller frame...that'd get you up from 5 and still real concealable...I don't know a small 9 I'd carry-the Kahr is cute but I've read lots of negative about shooting it a lot and factory service...decided not to try one...the # 1 thing is bang no click... my kids need their Daddy...that's why when I carry small it's a tried and trusted revolver...less shots-plenty of power...and practice has got me where I can hit as good with my 2" Bodyguard SS as with a 4"...the only other person I knew that shot a Kel-Tec a lot had a .40 and had lots of hangups...got a gunsmith to work it over and was happy after that...I've never fired one...I'm fond of all-steel...stainless if possible...the weight just doesn't bother me...I'd take it back to the shop I bought it and get full credit towards something else...you haven't had it long, have you?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, I haven't had it very long. Don't know, most shops have a no return policy anymore. I have had it about a month I guess. I have a Ruger SP101, so I got the small revolver bit covered. I don't want to go into details, but I had a need for a really, really deep concealment gun, and thought the Kel-Tech was the answer. The SP is not only heavy, it is much more bulky. Overall, it is about the same size, but that cylinder and grip are hard to cover up.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'd like a nice little pocket gun like that but I've heard one too many horror stories about Kel-Techs. Someone suggested a Walther TPH to me as a quality pocket pistol. The downside is it only comes in either a .22 or a .25. Not much punch, definitely nothing like a 9mm.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Yes I am also glad that you found out the problem on the range rather than is a live or death sitation. That's why before I carry any weapon as aCCW I take them to the range several times and shoot the heck out of them. They have to work first time everytime else they are nothing more than a fish weight to me.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sent the POS back to the factory. With a letter I am sure they can tell by it's tone that I am not one bit happy about it. Maybe I will get lucky and some UPS driver will steal it and I can get a refund from them!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gunman, I've had great experiences with Keltec service. My 2 P3ATs are great. I might be interested it buying your PF9 if you are unhappy with it after you get it back.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, sir, I just might be interested in selling it to you. I will let you know when I get it back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts