Ruger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
I grew up in Kansas and remember my parents talking about the Dust Bowl. Now that my 90 year old mother has moved in with us ... we're hearing all of the old stories again ... plus some new ones. Never get tired of hearing them.

· Registered
5,337 Posts
My mother in law lived through it.. Many interesting stories in her 92 years! Excellent program! Thanks for posting.

· Registered
6,924 Posts
I've seen it before. I couldn't begin to imagine what it was really like to see the wall of dirt blowing toward you.....

· Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,592 Posts
My grandparents and parents lived through it. I remember back in the 1950s, my maternal grandfather told me he saw a prairie dog digging a hole one day, ten feet up in the air.

· Registered
3,731 Posts
It's riveting....can't imagine what it was like living through that...

· Registered
9,176 Posts
I learned about it in school but didn't learn the full effect of it. This documentary really brought it home. Ken Burns documentaries are always the best.

· Registered
5,349 Posts
i've seen most but not all of that one, and it IS excellent! you get a very clear sense of just how devastating it was. also how 'simple' changes in planting/tilling techniques did wonders.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.