Ruger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazon has been having a sale on knives lately and I broke down and bought this Kershaw OSO (Oh So Sweet). It was $23.43 and Amazon prime, so no shipping. I ordered it Sunday and got it today with my standard 2 day shipping. Lots of times Amazon delivers early in my area since they have a distrubtion location nearby.

This knife is GREAT! It's going to give my EDC, a Kershaw Ken Onion Leek, a run for the job.

Meanwhile, a bayonet smooth blade Microtech Ultratech is still on my Need to Have list.

Here's the OSO

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Looks good mate.
I've been watching these threads, I'm in the market for a couple.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm liking it even better than I thought I would. Kershaw makes good knives even in their inexpensive models.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
china...yuck

·
Banned
586 Posts
Kershaw makes quality knives at a good price, regardless of whether the model comes from one of their U.S. factory's or not.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I don't think Lee meant anything about 'quality'......

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
china...yuck
I know it's made in China. How else could I have gotten it for that price? It's still a good knife.

As for supporting China, I did not buy it from a Chinese company. How they choose to spend my money is not my concern unless they are anti-US, something Kershaw is not, since they have a fine line of US made knives, as well.

I picked up the OSO because of Nutnfancy's excellent review and the sale that Amazon had on it.

It may have been made in China, but it was sold in America and is now in the hands of an American.

Besides, it's nearly impossible to buy things you need or want without some of them being made in China.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Perhaps, but I know Lee is perfectly capable of explaining the meaning of his comment himself, if he feels the need to.
i know that there are quality chinese made knives... heck, Buck makes some lower priced knives in china and from what ive been told they hold up as well as many US made Bucks. i guess its just something i have never been able to embrace. no offense intended, if its a Kershaw im sure it is a good knife. maybe i should have explained why i replied the way i did instead of just saying "yuck" :eek:

i will say, if it was mine, id try and scratch "china" off the blade LOL

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Besides, it's nearly impossible to buy things you need or want without some of them being made in China.
i beg to differ...you can always spend a few extra $$$ and get a knife from the same company that will say "made in the USA". if it isnt worth it to you, im cool with that. i have a couple Spydercos that i tried carrying and i just couldnt get it out of the back of my mind that the knife in my pocket wasnt US made, so ive sold/traded them off.

yet i love many of my guns made in other countries (none from China tho...yuck lol)...go figure :D

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i beg to differ...you can always spend a few extra $$$ and get a knife from the same company that will say "made in the USA". if it isnt worth it to you, im cool with that. i have a couple Spydercos that i tried carrying and i just couldnt get it out of the back of my mind that the knife in my pocket wasnt US made, so ive sold/traded them off.

yet i love many of my guns made in other countries (none from China tho...yuck lol)...go figure :D
Lee, I do agree about buying American, however this is one cool little knife. I"ll post Nutnfancy's review below.

Most all of my knives are more expensive than this and I my next knife of value, will cost me $200+. That's ok. I really want that knife and it is American made.

But while I agee that more expensive knives are better, that doesn't mean I should turn down a deal on a cheaper knife when I find it. I think the Kershaw OSO retails around $40, but I bought it on Amazon for under $24 delivered. It's philosophy of use is box cutting, box opening, etc - just a untility knife. So, I didn't expect a high quality steel when I bought it. But what it's got is just fine for my intended use.

Here's Nutnfancy's review:
Kershaw Oso Sweet knife: Daddy Like - YouTube

·
Registered
32 Posts
^^^ I just ordered mine on amazon an hour ago precisely because of this review. It'll be my first EDC knife in a few years. Haven't carried one for a while, but I do so much in a day where I look for a knife and haven't got one. This one looks like a great all-around utility/EDC knife to start with.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^^ I just ordered mine on amazon an hour ago precisely because of this review. It'll be my first EDC knife in a few years. Haven't carried one for a while, but I do so much in a day where I look for a knife and haven't got one. This one looks like a great all-around utility/EDC knife to start with.
You won't be disappointed! ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts