Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Funny you ask, just got 2 on Monday a Chill and a Ken Onion Leek with Speed Safe. The Leek is very slick, solid and has some heft. The Chill may not be as quiok, but like the thiness and weight, both have there place. Got them off of Amazon, Chill was16.04 and the Leek 28.24.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Their assisted opening mechanism is great! I can't describe the feel but it feels really good to use. Like a machine with perfect tolerences. Just snicks into place every time.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have a Clash (solid but bulky- a tool box knife), a Chill (light & thin - perfect for my fishing vest), and OSO Sweet (perfect size and weight for EDC). All made in China, but made very well. Amazon prices make them perfect working tools. I love the speed-safe opening mechanism!

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I've heard lots of good things about Kershaw knives.
I recently bought a Zero Tolerance 0350 assisted opener as a Christmas present to myself.
I really like it as my EDC. It is well made, fast opening, and the blade is S30V steel.

To my surprise I learned that ZT is Kershaw Knives (Kai USA), in collaboration with Ken Onion, and Strider Knives.
They are made in the USA, in Tualatin Oregon.

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
On another forum, a couple of years ago, I opined, giving my rational, that the Kershaw Leek was the absolute, all around, perfect pocket knife.

I've got 3 of 'em and a Shallot. I've also got a couple high end ProTech automatic knives. I swear, pulling the Leek from my back pocket and flicking open the blade, the Kershaw "assisted opening" knife is much faster than deploying the fully automatics.

What make it so quick results from having reversed the clips so they clip in my pocket "point-up", and I disabled the nuisance "safeties". Even though I've got several more costly knives, my EDC, both around the house and out and about, is the Kershaw Leek.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts