Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a KIDD trigger job kit just now. Can't wait! I realize that it is needed after shooting 1000+ rounds through it. Feeling like I am pulling the rifle back along with the trigger every time I aim and shoot and tend to be off my target a little after I shoot. I am not doing too bad my groupings are about 1/2" inch apart or on top of each other, but I am sure it will be much better after this is installed. Anyone have them installed in their 10/22s? How do you like it?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I installed the same KIDD "Trigger Job" Kit on my rifle and am VERY pleased.

You can see my review on their site HERE

Now all of my internals are KIDD; Bolt Hold Open, Cocking Assembly, Extended Mag Release, Bolt Buffer, Receiver Pin Kit, etc...

I highly recommend the Receiver Pin Kit as after you disassemble your trigger guard the pins will not be as tight as they once were and start to slide out easily.

Good luck, make sure to check out the videos on YouTube for an easy installation.

:)

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Just did two of the kits, one on my vintage '65 10/22 with its formerly 5 pound plus trigger. Now down to 2 pounds and crisp. Did another one in my Charger. Not as dramatic an improvement, but still a significant improvement.

The supplied directions are not that great - no illustrations and you will need your manual to reference the parts discussed if it's your first time in a 10/22 trigger group. Actually very simple to install, just a little daunting if it's all new to you. Well worth it, though -very high quality trigger group.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the review and what to expect. Hopefully be here before next weekend so I can install and go test on next Friday.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I did the following Kidd parts upgrade on my 26 year old 10/22

I must say it test fired excellent, BUT, I took it to the range and had 5 shot burst fires randomly.

Called Kidd they told me that the rear of the trigger guard has a hole in it and the trigger spring plunger can protrude through it and hit the stock, this can cause a burst fire.

On my gun i have

Kidd Trigger
Kidd Bolt incl. firing pin & extractor
Kidd bolt hold open
Kidd Cocking arm & rod & spring
Kidd bolt buffer

I modded the part so that i have 0 protrusion, i will be testing it this week at the range

1 - 6 of 6 Posts