Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Not I, but a good friend has lived almost 12 years now with one of his sisters kidneys. Also I have a good friend who gave one of hers to a great niece about 4 years ago.
One of my grand daughters, she is 9 years old now, will need one in the future as she has an incurable kidney disease and will begin dialysis soon, we are praying that she survives to get a transplant and that it does not also become diseased too soon after.

We are very fortunate to live in a time with all of these medical break-throughs that are close to miraculous. Lets hope and vote to keep this all available to everyone and not doled out by a government team of "experts".

·
Registered
205 Posts
My sister inlaw is 1yr post a stemcell transplant for leukemia and Im 3yrs post colorectal cancer. Life has new perspective now! Im sure you agree. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dV8r, we do indeed live in a great era for medical procedures. 20 years ago my mom died of PKD (polycystic kidney disease) but today Methodist in Houston has done over 5000. God has been faithful to me. I trust your great granddaughter finds a match soon.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
My cousin had a kidney transplant ... her mother being the donor. She did well from the operation but ended up dying a few years later from something totally unrelated ... she was in poor health most of her life. I always felt that it was very noble of her mother to donate a kidney. Most parents will do just about anything for their children.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I just celebrated 7 years with my new kidney. My family has PKD (polycystic kidney disease).

My father and his two sisters got transplants. Five of my cousins have received transplants.

For those who are considering the need: Of the 16 people who were on my 'shift' the the kidney dialsys center, 5 of us eventually got transplants - the rest were all dead within a year or two after I got my kidney.

Toby: How long were you on dialsys?

·
Registered
725 Posts
My best friend past away last year. He had a kidney transplant years ago and he lived to 77. The new kidney would have outlasted him, he had a stroke. He was my fishing buddy, and he inspired me to become an organ donor.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Best of luck to all of you. May your opportunities never be limited anymore than they already are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts