Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From time to time I'll get a cluster of ground squirrels in my yard.They burrow and dig which causes damaging erosion when the winter rains come.....especially on slopes. One day a cluster was lined up and I aimed my Ruger 10-22 Stainless target model at one and the bullet made it through the first one and hit the one behind it. Both were killed with ONE bullet. The shot was made at about 30 yards. It'll probably never happen again...but I've a memebership in the "two kills one shot club".

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
You've got braggin rights for 2008 with that one. Love it.

"one shot, two kills"

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
If you get the squirels to drill like the army and stand at attention how many could a .22lr go through? Great kill, two squirels with one bullet.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I'm not a member of that club unless you count paper targets. I was shooting at the 25yd line and the guy next to me was at 50yds. He had put his target in the wrong holes and was shooting at an angle. I didn't notice and the shots I made also impacted his target. For awhile he couldn't figure why he had all these holes spread out all over his target. We had a good laugh over that one!

·
Registered
897 Posts
A good friend of mine got 2 turkeys with one shot once. I would have never believed him becuase of his reputation of stretching things but his no BS wife was there and she backed up the story.

·
Squirrel Sniper 1st class
254 Posts
well, technically i shot 2 squirrels with my air rifle .177 destroyer pellets (1100FPS beeman) and the second squirrel that was shot was in the critical area, but i had to follow up with a finisher shot..... had it been a .22lr i would have had a 2 fer 1....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Congrats MG, I'v shot hundreds of squirrels but never two with one shot. Once in a lifetime shot, especially on squirrels!................Dick

·
Banned
164 Posts
I'm not a member of that club unless you count paper targets. I was shooting at the 25yd line and the guy next to me was at 50yds. He had put his target in the wrong holes and was shooting at an angle. I didn't notice and the shots I made also impacted his target. For awhile he couldn't figure why he had all these holes spread out all over his target. We had a good laugh over that one!
When
I'm range officering at the local indoor range, and this happens, I hand out sharpies and encourage people to write their names on them. This generally helps. I've also written, "THIS IS NOT YOUR TARGET" on them. If you watch, you can catch some guys taking really careful aim, getting quizzical looks on their face, then changing P.O.A.!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've done it twice before duck hunting (dropped 2 birds out of the sky with one shot, actually shot 3 with 2 shots this past season) but never done it with a rifle of any sort...congrats!

·
Registered
444 Posts
MACHINISTgunner,
Several are calling yer double kill "squirrels ".

But ya said "ground squirrels"...thinking CHIPMUNKS...

Alot smaller, which makes the double shot more impressive...lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts