Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it isn't a Ruger but...
This pistol shot quite low at 15'. I was aiming almost 2" above the 15' water bottles to hit them.
When shooting at the 25' bottles it was right on. Several times I was hitting bottle after bottle. The recoil was quite sharp. It has a heavy circumference type of recoil, so after a hundred rounds or so, the webbing between my pointer and thumb began to get quite sore. This doesn't happen on full length 1911 .45s.
My overall impression of this pistol after shooting 200 rounds was pretty good. At 25' I was pretty damn close to the water bottle. If it was a human at 25' I could hit every round. Not bad in my book for a 3" barrel.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
At 15'-you can point shoot (and may be forced to by time constraints) as well as you can sight shoot-try throwing your shots w/o sights at a 5 gal bucket-I think you'll be pleasantly surprised---might enjoy reading "No Second Place Winner" by Bill Jordan...he was one of the great gunfighters you guys who still have color in your hair may have missed-it's not a long book but full of great advice by one who has been there and done that of which he speaks...I taught my boy(now in boot camp) to shoot into the open end of a 5-gal bucket across a room with a bb pistol from hip level-I only had to caulk about 3 holes in the wall-he was astonished...now they're teaching him close combat rifle techniques-bet he does as well as he did at qual. ranges (#3 out of 250 shooters).Most indoor ranges won't like it but outside's no problems...

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the kimber out again, this time to practice drawling and firing. The last time I hit the range, I used Ball Ammo, this time I wanted to use my carry load, Cor-Bon 145gr JHP (aka flying ash-trays). I inserted the mag and dropped the slide, JAM!. The jacket on the round snags the lower feed ramp. I oiled the feed ramp and it did so-so on feeding, it would still jam every other round...
So now I am packing ball ammo until I find something reliable. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts