Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hardly go to the movies anymore and Kingsman (the first one shown about 2 years ago) was one of the rare films I saw twice on the big screen.
The sequel is out and I might see it this week after work.

https://trib.al/J06haUW

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Give us a review.
Please click on the link. It gives a glowing endorsement and a few other information regarding the filmmaker.

·
Exchequer
4,804 Posts
My two cents worth:

Saw it yesterday and was not impressed.

I thought the first movie was great. That's why I was excited to see the sequel. I thought both were campy but entertaining with plenty of action. However, I think the plot line of the sequel was just too silly and relied much too much on special effects.

Julianne Moore played a truly evil and psychopathic villain, but her evil plot was, I thought, just plain goofy. Jeff Bridges' character is, for all intents and purposes, just making a cameo in the flick.

I liked the introduction of the Kingsmen's American counterpart, the Statesmen, but I think it was plugged in mainly as a way of setting up a third movie in the franchise.

Great opening scene full of action and lots of cool Matrix-like fight scenes, but I think I'd have been better off waiting to rent it on DVD thank plunking down $20 for the theater.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts