Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a police security six and have lubricated it correctly. Cleaned it thoroughly. But this revolver sometimes kinks up when i pull the trigger in double action. Could anyone tell me what to trouble shoot this problem man this is weird at least for me. Can't use it for ccw if it is going to kink up once in a while. Thank you appreciate the input maybe suggestion of sending it to Ruger don't know what to do.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kinks up at the very beginning of the da pull

Thank you drummer for your reply. I have checked if the transfer bar is hitting anything and it doesn't seem to be doing that. This kinking starts at the very beginning of the trigger pull man i wish I knew what to do. Thank you again Drummer appreciate it greatly.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,476 Posts
kinking up? Maybe you could explain exactly what it does.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cylinder does not revolve in da

At the start of pulling the trigger in double action sometimes the trigger locks in place. Am I making myself clear as to what my service six does?

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is usually a problem related to the cylinder stop spring getting too weak and not driving the stop with enough force.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cylinder stop spring

I just put one in right now and it seems to have made a lot of difference. Smoother action going out to the range and try it out hope that works thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sent my ruger police service six

Oh the heck with it I just sent my ruger to the repair department i will let the experts work on it. Thank you all anyway for the input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts