Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gun show I went to this weekend had a TON of knives. I needed one small enough to have with me all the time comfortably, to use while fishing, boating (never know when you need to cut an anchor rope!), working in the yard, even cutting open boxes at work from time to time.

So it was hard to pick among a million knives but I happily settled on a Kershaw.

http://www.kershawknives.com/productdetails.php?id=57

It's slim, opens like a switchblade practically, is very sharp and comfortable to carry. I think I finally found a knife I can get used to having clipped to my pocket. In the past, knives have been like watches, wear them for a week and then just bag it.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Oh, pretty please, don't poison me again - I wish I had been there! [:p]

Kershaw blades are good. Little overpriced but rather good. I like Scallion line even while preferring 440C steel over 420HC. With little practice you could open it inertial swinging your hand. So, congrats with new pocket buddy! :)

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I bought a cheapie from Lowe's - by Appalician Trail. Because I never seem to keep them very long, had this three months now and I'm surprised I haven't lost it yet. I prefer a clip for my back pocket and a non-serrated blade. Have to have adjustable one hand operation. I use mine several times a day, from stripping wire, opening boxes to whatever. My only complaint is the clip losens up, but not enough to fall off, just let the clip wiggle a little. I've lost several Buck's - one ultralight, Kershaw's, one expensive Colt branded, and a couple others I can't think of right now. The cheapies seem to work just fine. Less than 20 bucks and if I lose it there is another one just like it at the store.
The one knife I lost to a borrower was my military issue kBar, that an old Bosin mate friend had rawhide wrapped the handle. Wish I had another or a kBar in the tanto blade style. Anybody have and use them?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I like the lifetime warrenty on the Bucks, it's the only way I can justify spending that much money on a pocket knife. I bought one for my GF too and she uses it every day on the farm.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This Kershaw I got cost me $35. Would have been $30 in black but I really liked the dark green. Anyway, I've never held a knife that was so easy to open with one hand.

It's funny how often it comes in handy if you just have it with you. I had it in my pocket no more than an hour and needed it twice!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
all good knives, I like them all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts