Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cylinder questions.

KNR5 magnum cylinder has no markings? The LR cylinder has the firing pin groove? Is this why the mag. cylinder is unmarked? KNR6 Mag. cylinder is marked but the LR cylinder does not have the firing pin groove.

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
I can't help with your question,but getting really jealous of all the Bicentennial Rugers you have found.

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
KNR5 magnum cylinder has no markings? The LR cylinder has the firing pin groove? Is this why the mag. cylinder is unmarked? KNR6 Mag. cylinder is marked but the LR cylinder does not have the firing pin groove.
Your KNR5 is an early version with the old model style cylinders. The switch over to the new model style cylinder happened in 1976. Yes the Mag cyl was marked and non-fluted once the firing pin groove was deleted from the LR cyl to tell them apart. So your KNR5 has a little more value than your KNR6.

I have an KNR4 Liberty with old style cylinders.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your KNR5 is an early version with the old model style cylinders. The switch over to the new model style cylinder happened in 1976. Yes the Mag cyl was marked and non-fluted once the firing pin groove was deleted from the LR cyl to tell them apart. So your KNR5 has a little more value than your KNR6.

I have an KNR4 Liberty with old style cylinders.
Thanks Hondo44! I'm on the lookout for a KNR4, but i understand only 200 were made so it seems it might not happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts