Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there ever own, handle, and shoot either a Korth or Manurhin revolver. If so, I'd be curious as to your opinion.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
i shot a few Maunhurin revolvers when in Europe visiting my wife's cousins in Germany. They seem well made and accurate. The french swat teams used them for years because of accuracy.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Korth and Manurhin

:rolleyes:
i shot a few Maunhurin revolvers when in Europe visiting my wife's cousins in Germany. They seem well made and accurate. The french swat teams used them for years because of accuracy.
I have handled and shot a friends Korth (German), and have handled Manurhin(French). Both beautifully made high end $$$$$ revolvers. Did you find it uncanny the resemblance to Rugers GP100 ?? The Korth looks like a cross between a Python and a GP 100, and the Manurin looks a lot like a GP 100. We all know Bill Ruger was a sly fox and a genius. But; you don't suppose ????

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Extremely well finished on the only one I ever saw. Some are convertible by changing the entire crane/cylinder assembly, push a button to swap .357 for 9mm. Cylinder latch is behind the hammer, can't remember how it worked. IIRC, they are about 3 grand and up?

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:)
Extremely well finished on the only one I ever saw. Some are convertible by changing the entire crane/cylinder assembly, push a button to swap .357 for 9mm. Cylinder latch is behind the hammer, can't remember how it worked. IIRC, they are about 3 grand and up?
On the Korth, there is a cylinder release thumb lever to the right of the hammer that pushes down. On the Manurhin, it is a S&W style on some models, and a Ruger push-button style on others. You're correct on the price; the last examples I saw were in the $3000 range used, for either. Just thought a little discussion of these fine revolvers would be interesting.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I don't have any hands on experience with the Korth so I cannot say but the Manurhin is a high end high quality piece. Visually it reminds me of the Dan Wesson revolvers. My only dislike is the lack of a substantial recoil lug or hump if you will. Much like the early Security Six. Pricey but cool piece.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:)
I don't have any hands on experience with the Korth so I cannot say but the Manurhin is a high end high quality piece. Visually it reminds me of the Dan Wesson revolvers. My only dislike is the lack of a substantial recoil lug or hump if you will. Much like the early Security Six. Pricey but cool piece.
Fun to Google "Korth revolvers" or "Manurhin revolvers". Lots of photos to look at.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts