Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy some aftermarket magazines for my KP345 and would like something with more than an 8 round capacity. Any suggestions? I have heard some bad things about some of the aftermarket mags out there.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,818 Posts
For reliability and quality, you're best off with Ruger magazines. Because the magazine well in the gun was made for a single stack, any 45 ACP magazine that holds more than 8 rounds is going to extend from the butt. Figure about 1/2" per round. No biggie at the range but you wouldn't want a magazine hanging out for carry.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The range is why I am looking for a higher capacity mag. I am spoiled shooting my 9mm (16 rnds) and then shooting the .45. When I carry it I always have a factory mag in it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Why not just buy more standard magazines and load 'em up before going to the range?

Practice the way you plan to shoot because, in time of dire need, you WILL shoot the way you practiced!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
OldNavy hit the nail on the head. If you're really set on getting higher capacity mags, Midway or someone should have them. But if you use your 345 as a carry gun, in order to make it anything more than an a fashion accessory, for sure, go to the range with a setup like you carry.

Don't just practice till you get it right. Practice till you can't get it wrong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was an LEO for 10 years. I do understand in times of crisis you revert back to fundamental training. I fire about 400 rounds every time I go to the range. I have four factory mags already.......just tired of reloading all the time.

·
too great for words
661 Posts
only 4? lol. ok well I only have 3 right now but I plan on getting more. you can never have too many magazines!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I travel with 4 on me and 2 on the seat-2 bx shells under the seat...never popped one but if they kill me, I want a Chinese funeral!!! I won't buy any but Ruger mags...just hate cheap crap...always stayed poor but had the highest quality gear....one thing I could control....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts