Ruger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new KP345PR SS slide model 2 days ago. When I got home and started taking a closer look at it, I noticed that my pistol had a black logo on the grip?? All the pics I see on the net have a RED logo. Further checking found that the latest versions all have the black logo! BUMMED!! Also I noticed that I only received ONE slide lock key??? I Thought their was supposed to be TWO?? also noticed that the plastic bezel on the pad lock was broken and fell off! :mad: This may seem petty but when you pay over $600.00 OTD you expect it to be right! I have 3 other Rugers and they are the reason I am brand loyal and bought this pistol. I have always heard about "Ruger Quality"!? I Hope their are no more disappointments! Haven't had a chance to go shoot it yet, Hope it holds together!!

·
Retired Moderator & Jazz Nerd
16,351 Posts
DD ... Welcome to the forum. While you may have had a couple of minor disappointments at the outset, I'm confident that they will quickly disappear once you get to the range and send a few rounds downrange. Additionally, if you place a friendly call to Ruger CS, I would expect that an additional key and a new pad lock will be showing up in the mail in a jiffy ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply

I expect your right, but what served to increase my disappointment in this pistol is the previous EXCELLENT experience i've had with Ruger!!! I have had a .44 Super Blackhawk, and I have a 10-22, sr22 and have ZERO complaints about any of those!! I sent same info ( from original post) to Ruger Customer Service...waiting for response.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
Following Buck's advice should get it sorted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dissapointments continue!

Talked to customer service today! I asked about Red logo on grip, and they confirmed that they have discontinued to red logo on the pistol grip! Sucks! I liked the look of the red logo! And Photo on RUGER's own page still shows it red!
I asked about only receiving One key for the slide lock not 2, and she said they only ship 1 now...wow!
When I told her about the broken lock, she took my info and said she would send a new lock if I sent the broken one back! GEEZ Ruger must be really hurting for money, I'm surprised they gave 2 magazines with the pistol!!
Maybe I should have bought a Hi Point!!! :mad:

·
Registered
63 Posts
So let's see....you don't like the color of the logo, but it doesn't affect the function of the firearm. You got only one slide lock when you were expecting two. How many do you need to secure the firearm? And your lock was broken, but they offered to replace it.

You seem pretty bent out of shape over this. I wouldn't give any of these things a thought. I've never used a lock on a gun and wouldn't even notice they only shipped one instead of two, since every lock I've received with a firearm has gone into my "big box o' locks".

If these are the worst things that have happened to you this year, you've had a pretty good year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know..No big deal!

I know that those things I talked about are very incidental,...But Most of my shooting buddies are "Glockies" and I always sing Rugers praises! Just wanted it to be perfect as it always has been from Ruger!
Its kind of like all your friends drive Cameros, and you show up with your new Mustang and the bumper falls off! LOL!
I'm sure I will be very happy with the Gun itself!!

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
I am retired and work part time for a dot-com store as a customer service rep. We make things good with our customers, too, but we ask that the defective item be returned before we replace it for free. Believe it or not, some folks will try to get a free product in addition to one with which there is truly not a problem. Ruger is a good company. Just chill and enjoy the gun.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Talked to customer service today! I asked about Red logo on grip, and they confirmed that they have discontinued to red logo on the pistol grip! Sucks! I liked the look of the red logo! And Photo on RUGER's own page still shows it red!
I asked about only receiving One key for the slide lock not 2, and she said they only ship 1 now...wow!
Dude! I personally think you may be stressing a bit much over inconsequential details...the proof is in the shooting!:) Meanwhile, welcome to the forum, and in all seriousness, if you like, send me a PM with your address, and I will be glad to send you a spare key, free of charge....I never use any of mine.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Dude! I personally think you may be stressing a bit much over inconsequential details...the proof is in the shooting!:) Meanwhile, welcome to the forum, and in all seriousness, if you like, send me a PM with your address, and I will be glad to send you a spare key, free of charge....I never use any of mine.
I should clarify and point out that I don't use them because I prefer to keep my P345 locked up in a small bedside safe, rather than depend on the slide key thingy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
"Also I noticed that I only received ONE slide lock key??? I Thought their was supposed to be TWO?? also noticed that the plastic bezel on the pad lock was broken and fell off!"

I'd only be worried if the slide locked up and wouldn't unlock. Hope your P-345 shoots well. As for the pad lock, well heck they're well used as paper weights or fence locks. LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KP345 update

Thanks for all the kind words and welcomes! All is well, Ruger replaced the lock and i've put a couple hundred rounds through my gun now, and I absolutely love it!!
FYI I just went and bought a new P95 two tone! LOVE THOSE RUGERS!!

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

I'm glad you're finally satisfied. As for your Glockie Buddies you mentioned. I'm sure not one of them would have known that you only got one key or the high quality Chinese lock Ruger supplies the plastic was broken. As for the Red vs. Black medallion. From my understanding, originally they were all Red, when Alexander M. Sturm passed away Bill Ruger in respect changed it to black. If I'm correct Ruger after the initial change only used the Red for special editions. In recent years they started using the red again. Apparently now they have gone back to the black again.I have both red and the black and I haven't noticed the red shoots any better than the black or vice versa. It’s cosmetic nothing more, nothing less.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Glad you are liking the P345-I love mine,and...ok..I have the red logo on mine...never even did anything with the locks but use them as paperweights..
Its by my bedside,not in ready reach,but my little LCR is ready to rock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts