Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did they go to rails? Don't like them-much sleeker W/O.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks-guess I'm looking used, then...or, in the case of a Ruger-broken in...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Academy Sports in my area still has the non-rail models in their show case new. The Ruger wed page shows that they still make both models. Pops

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot for the info-maybe I can snag one before they're gone!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

When did they go to rails? Don't like them-much sleeker W/O.
I'm another one that doesn't care for rails. Guess they're fine for an LEO and the many people that like them but they're not for me.
Baker

·
Registered
4 Posts
My next one will have the rail on it. Just need to find a light that doesn't cost as much as the gun to put on it[:0] I like the fact that if someone enters my home at night, they see a light in their eyes and now they're blind. It kind of gives you that extra couple of seconds. For a CCW though, I don't think it would make much sense.

·
jlweems
278 Posts
I really like the textured grip. While I've never used the rail to mount anything on a pistol, I guess it's not bad to have one on there.

That being said, my P95 is the older style. I would probably add a rail model if I run across one at the right price and with a smooth enough action.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More I look, more I like the textured grip-and the rounded trigger guard-hmmm-maybe I could hang a Band-aid dispenser on the rails-or just ignore them...

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Try it my friend - you'll like it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am thinking about a p95 safety version, w/o rails, used, blue, in good condition made in 2004 for 269$ does that sound like a good price? I want to offer them 200$ it is at a pawn shop, do you think they will laugh me out of the store or go for it?

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
You can buy a brand new in the box "new" model for $300 - $350. If they laugh, shop around... There are deals on the Internet all the time. A pawn shop I deal with told me they would order anything new I want for $25 over cost and I pay shipping.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Try gun shows that's where I get the best prices on guns. New and used. One pawn shop here charges $25.00 over new but he sells at manufacture suggested retail price. My S&W 1911/.45PD list for $880 I got it at show for $710.00+tax. Shop around and remember your money is good anywhere and not all these salesman have your interest at heart. Good Luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts