Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the P95 Stainless, decocker. The manual says in order to adjust windage on the rear sights, all that needs to be done is to loosen the set screw and tap the sight in the direction you want the bullet to move on the target with a plastic-headed hammer. That is almost verbatim. I have not only loosened, but removed the set screw, and smacked the sight several times with enough force as I was comfortable with, especially since this is my favorite gun. Is there a trick to this? Because all I seem to have done is wasted some time and nicked my hammer. No damage whatsoever to the sight, but no movement either. Any ideas out there?

BTW... I used to be a Glock snob, until I got my Rugers, the first one about a year ago. Long story short: sold my Glocks.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Try sticking the slide in a Ziplog bag and put it in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours... then tap it... That's how I got mine free the first time... Then I dressed the front bevel lightly... Now it just takes one wack, at room temprature, to move...

I hope this helps...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Spray with a little lubricant let sit for abit then tap it out, or try as RNettles had mentioned. Some can be very tough at first, keep at it im sure you will get it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sam I think the word in the instructions you missed was "drifted". I used a brass punch insulated with some blue masking tape. One hard tap and it moved, was the same with my P89 or P95 they are tight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts