Ruger Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Every year about this time a meeting is called at the Winfield, OH VFW mostly to drink. Anyone who knows this rural microscopic town knows they ain't got a VFW + few to none of the good old boys are even vets. It's the name given to one of their houses with a really huge garage and a gang of coolers filled with Natty Light. VFW to these guys means Vacation From Work.

Anyway, after about the 10th case of beer, gunshots are heard, half dozen pigs are on the ground, and the process begins. Everyone's got a job, field dress, butcher, sausage grinders, and all the scraps go to my wife's brother Larry aka Krepple King. Me, I don't do squat, I'm a city boy + I can't keep up with these old boys butcherin or ESPECIALLY drinkin!!! (And I'm Irish, former Marine, retired construction worker)

Soon, my wife's brothers will be over + my freezer will be jammed + my beer stash will be DESTROYED! Oh well, it's worth it, the krepples are out of this world! That's Larry on the ribs.

View attachment 152139

View attachment 152140

View attachment 152141

View attachment 152142

·
Registered
Mk II, Wrangler, LCPII .22 LR, EC9S, Security 9, P-85, RAR .17 HMR + .22 LR,
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
JarHead ... Was there any Minced Meat Made ? Scrapple haven't had that in year's but is definitely good fried up in eggs .
No, the Winfield Gang doesn't do any minced meat, but I know others around here do. And that's exactly the way I eat krepples, fried up nice and crisp on both sides with a gang of free range scrambles eggs. Wife's brothers keep me stocked with krepples while her son provides the eggs.. She's got a huge family, there were 10 children growin a 100 acre, 1 bathroom farm. Her youngest brother still owns it, but only the goats live there now. All honest, hard workin, God fearin folks. Just don't make em like that anymore!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Krepples, free range eggs, homemade corn/yogurt toast, and tomatoes, it's what's for breakfast!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Next time you make that, I'll be down and I'll bring the coffee.
Anytime, and that goes for anyone else on this forum, my house is always open. I love cookin breakfast + eatin in the backyard. If it ain't krepples, I make dynamite sausage gravy!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Yup, those are done perfectly!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts