Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)Just completed a week long shooting session of 2100 rounds ( 4x525 cart. bulk boxes @ about $20) of CCI Blazers through my 22/45 Target Model ( only modifications are buffing and polishing if sear and hammer sear notch area, and removal of magazine safety mechanism). Gun was cleaned only once after 1050 rounds.

Fail to Fire---3

Fail to Feed--1

Fail to Eject--0

Good .22 LR ammo for a good price !!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had no problem with the 22lr blazzers in my LCR22 they fired dirty but without fail.
In my beretta 21a Bobcat they were a disaster. In less than two mags the 21a was fouled up and had to be cleaned because it would not feed. Tried another two mags and half way thriugh it was fouled up again.
Switched to Winchester 333 22lr and lt loves em.
For home and carry CCI Stingers are the load I use.
The 21a is very fussy anyway so I try to stay with Hi velocity clean ammo now.
The LCR22 shoots everything I've tried in it.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I had lots of feed problems with them in my 10/22 last time out...still have 400 of them and plan to use them up so they will get a at least one more chance to do well...

Mini mags on the other hand are nearly flawless for me after around 600 rounds and same for velocitors...as for the velocitors I only used 40 rounds...gone thru about 200 of the CCI SV and don't recall any problems...not sure what the bug with blazers is for me...federal bulk and peters bulk did not have this problem...gone thru 500 federal and about 800 peters...went thru a couple of 25rd mags of all three last time out...shot the feds/peters after the blazers...

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:)
I had no problem with the 22lr blazzers in my LCR22 they fired dirty but without fail.
In my beretta 21a Bobcat they were a disaster. In less than two mags the 21a was fouled up and had to be cleaned because it would not feed. Tried another two mags and half way thriugh it was fouled up again.
Switched to Winchester 333 22lr and lt loves em.
For home and carry CCI Stingers are the load I use.
The 21a is very fussy anyway so I try to stay with Hi velocity clean ammo now.
The LCR22 shoots everything I've tried in it.
22LR cartridges have never been 100% ( watch a video on how they're made and you'd wonder how they're even 50 % reliable), and even the same model guns can very as to which .22 ammo they like. I shoot mostly round nosed lead in my indoor "bullet-trap" range, so based on earlier threads regarding this discussion, I wnated to share how good CCI Blazers are for "my particular" gun. A shooter needs to try at least several brands and bullet types of .22 LR to find which one your gun likes best.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've shot thousands of these through my 10/22 and I can count the misfires on one hand. As long as the gun is kept reasonably clean- no where near perfect- they perform flawlessly in my Ruger. They are good in my S&W 22A, also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts