Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've narrowed my IWB holster choices to a few different options.

Looking at possibly an all Kydex IWB holster:
Inside the Waist Band Holster

Or a Hybrid from either Alien Gear or Stealth Gear.

Any pros or cons on either would be nice. My main concern is comfort. Is just a plain Kydex holster comfortable? I don't want a lot of bulk, and am wondering if the Hybrids add that much more.

Thanks in advance everyone!

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
I have an Alien Gear IWB and it is VERY comfortable, once you get it on
and adjusted for position. For me, it takes about five minutes to get it
in the optimal place. :eek:

The one thing I have done with mine is to put a light coating of paraffin
wax on the inside surface AND the edges. I then use a heat gun, or hair
dryer, to melt the wax into the leather. This keeps moisture from being
a problem, while not softening the leather.

Which ever you decide on, keep one thing in mind; Concealed Carry should
be comforting, but will seldom be comfortable. :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
I vote Alien Gear Tuck 2.0 or 3.0. I own the Tuck 2.0 and it gets used alot because it is so comfortable. I also own Barsony IWB holsters. Very comfortable too.

·
Banned
650 Posts
When you are standing almost any holster is comfortable. Unless you are in very good shape, I would look at a holster with a leather pad of some fashion. Plus when you are driving most people tend to lean over on the arm rest, especially on long trips. The pad definitely makes long drives more comfortable. When I carried a P95 I used a N82 holster. The P95 is a great shooting gun but the hammer and decocker lever jab you unless you have perfect posture. The N82 is great for heavy guns like the P95 and most 1911 pistols. When I bought my N82 holster all they had was the original model. I had no problems on 22 hour drives. N82 Tactical

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've found that virtually any IWB with a Kydex pocket for the gun and a leather backing is a very comfortable, reliable, good retention holster. The only one I purchased that I wasn't crazy about was a DeSantis for my M&P Shield. It has plastic clips which I hope hold and a cant to it that you cant adjust out. The cants are an FBI feature designed for kneeling down on the opposite knee of your firearm and drawing making it a straight out draw. I was able to punch an additional hole in the leather backing to lessen the cant but it wont go away. Drawing from a standing position is slowed down considerably by a canted holster. The design may seem cool to some people but if you're serious about getting those all important 2 center of mass shots off in 2.5 seconds or less from a timer alarm going off, you dont want a cant. I would say a rule of thumb would be spend over $60.00 on one and you'll probably love it. They all take some time to break in or mold to your body shape. Great holsters though; you can tuck your shirt into your pants with one and their comfortable enough to fall asleep with they form so well to your shape.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You might also want to check out holsters here at MascHolsters . I just ordered one today for my PT24/7 Pro DS . Very reasonable pricing also and good leather . Also ordered a magazine carrier .

MascHolsters

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was leaning towards the Stealthgear Onyx, but being able to get two Alien Gear holsters for the less than one Stealthgear, really is swaying me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts