Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A LA Sheriff has given some pretty strong two-words of advice sure to make anti-gunners angry:

Ascension Parish Sheriff Jeff Wiley said the domestic murder case in Geismar this week case shows the limits of a system meant to protect victims.

While Sheriff Wiley said it is important to fully utilize the legal system, he said it can’t protect victims 24/7. He suggested an additional option.

“Get your concealed weapons permit. Ladies, learn how to safely handle a weapon, learn how to safely store a weapon, and when you’re in a situation like this shoot him in your back yard before he gets in your house. Drop him,” said Wiley.

The Sheriff admitted the advice may sound radical, but he said extreme violence requires extraordinary efforts for protection.

“Take the extremes necessary to live a life where you don’t have to worry about your kids and your life,” said Wiley.

http://bearingarms.com/louisiana-sheriff-two-word-response-domestic-violence-drop/

·
Registered
7 Posts
We Alaskans don't worry about criminals, they know that "we" the public are armed and willing to exercise our "stand your ground" if they try to take advantage of us.

We are still able to use our second amendment rights up here to protect ourselves and we are not suppressed and passive by the laws in the lower 48.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Clearly that wasn't the LA Sheriffs advice as in Los Angeles.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Wrong LA! :(

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Got to do what it takes.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like that sheriff's attitude. My neighbor, a retired State Trooper, said, "A Law Enforcement Officer can only investigate a crime; an armed citizen can "prevent" one."

And when he learned I was a long-time pistol shooter, he went into his house, got a concealed-carry application, and recommended that I do my part in crime prevention.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The one glimmer of good from this awful tragedy is that an instructor from a Baton Rouge area gun range/store offered any female with a restraining order free gun training if they brought the restraining order in with them. He was interviewed on the GunTalk podcast last week. He said there were several women who were waiting in the parking lot the next morning. Hopefully his goodwill will prevent something like this from happening again.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I've got no use for a scumbag that beats on women. If she can get armed and trained to protect herself and/or kids against that guy, I'm ok with it.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Sound advice from the Sheriff.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I saw this and said, What...the LA Sheriff? Then I realized it was Louisiana not pansy-butt Los Angeles. Makes sense now.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
It is your responsibility to protect your self. The police just show up to do reports.. CYA always..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oft given advise from California LE officials to potential victim....

I have heard this phrase (or facsimile there of) from several California LE officials to potential (or repeat) robbery victims "Give them your money or what they want and if you're lucky, they won't harm or kill you"... Great proactive advise, huh??? I've always laughed at the "If you're lucky" part of their reasoning...No castle doctrine in the Golden state of course and thus the better advise from the Louisiana cop....

·
Registered
878 Posts
I like that guy.

But he sure doesn't look like much, so, don't judge a book by its cover.:)
I think that all of us know that though.

·
Banned
650 Posts
Even if a person has a concealed carry permit they still need to take out a restraining order on an abusive family member. In the event the concealed permit holder does have to use their weapon, no one can say they didn't try to handle the matter in a peaceful manner.

If you notice I wrote this gender neutral. Men need to take a restraining order out on an abusive woman just like a woman needs to use the law to defend herself. Believe me there are some crazy women out there who should be feared just like an abusive male.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I almost fell of the chair when I misread the whole thing and though the o/p was about Los Angeles...cold day in hell when CCW is a reality in most of the population centers here...except all the illegals and gang bangers got their " nine strap"...I was talking with a friend that is a LEO somewhere in California (we have lurkers on this site that might want to know more and ain't going to ..sorry!) and in the conversation he told me that most of the LEO's figure half the citizens they might encounter on the road at night are carrying illegally (punks, illegals, gang bangers and strangely enough just plain citizens and older folks that are not taking any chances)...his comment is that in his case he assumes anyone he stops is carrying and will "press" things if it's a punk situation or someone being confrontational or smart butt...he does not push John Q citizen..I like his attitude.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts