Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if better background checks and magazine restrictions would of save the kid here.
Sad it happened but it does show the proposed laws will have no difference in what crazy and mentally ill do.
BOULDER CITY, NV (FOX5) - An employee of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department claimed to have killed his wife and child before setting fire to his home in Boulder City, police said Monday.

The incident was part of a SWAT situation that took place at about 9 a.m. in the 1300 block of Esther Drive, according to police.

According to investigating agency Henderson PD, a man called 911 claiming to have killed his wife and a child. When officers arrived,he was armed and confronted them in the driveway of his residence.

Police said Boulder City officers commanded him to relinquish his weapon. Instead, though, he returned inside his home, and, soon after, the residence was engulfed in flames, police said.

After the fire was contained, police located a body believed to be the armed person inside the home, according to authorities.

During the SWAT situation, police ordered neighboring residents to stay inside their homes.

Police have not positively identified the deceased person. Las Vegas Metro Sheriff Doug Gillespie confirmed a 20-year veteran lieutenant of the force was involved in the incident.

Gillespie, though, stopped short of confirming the lieutenant's identity or if the person was killed.

Gillespie said several bodies were found inside the home.

A search of records with the Clark County Assessor's website showed the home is owned by Hans P. Walters. A records check showed Walters' place of occupation as Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

Police did not say if any other bodies were found in the home.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Nothing was going to change the outcome there.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
A multi faceted tragedy. Over the years I have seen reports of officers (ours and other agencies) "turn to the dark side". I have heard many theories I don't know the answer. My condolences to their survivors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts