Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions for a laser/light combo for the PC Carbine.

I'm a long time (40+ years) large caliber handgun guy, and bought the PC 9 strictly for fun at the range. After 600 rounds (no problems so far) I realized that the carbine would be good for home defense at my residence if I had a late night intruder and was forced to barricade in my bedroom. I can fire it more quickly and accurately at 7 to 10 yards than my handguns, and it has a larger capacity.

I have never owned a mounted laser or light for any of my handguns and am not sure what units to consider. I did see a very favorable review of a Streamlight TLR-2 HLG mounted on a PC 9. That unit also gets excellent reviews on Amazon, apparently will fit on the PC 9's small under barrel rail, but costs around $300. Is there is any other less expensive unit that is as good? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Before I bought my PC9, I set up one of my AR's with a stream light and a red dot scope (2 moa) worked out quite well, should work out as well on a PC9, The stream light with mount and pressure switch was sub $50, The nikon red dot was spendy but a tasco pro point would have worked just as well for a whole lot less money.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Streamlight makes a good product in my experiences. I have a number of TLR1s and an M3 from back in the day that still works.

Viridian X5L is an option for a combo laser/light along with the Streamlight offerings of the TLR2 and the TRL-8.

The TLR-8 is pretty reasonable at $162 on amazon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am running a tlr-1 streamlight on mine with the sw99 plate for mounting. I bought a used tlr-2 with laser but can't seem to adjust the laser so it's on my hd shotgun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone know if the new OLIGHT Baldr Pro will fit on the 3-slot bottom rail with enough room to clear the sling attachment?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Looks like these lights would interfere with the sling. Is there a low profile light that doesn't?

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lots of options out there. I'm partial to Crimson Trace, at least for my handguns. On my M17, I have a Railmaster Pro with a 100-lumen light (plenty bright for inside the home, not so much for outdoors) and a green laser.

On my PCC, I have a much brighter (1200 lumen) Feyachi flashlight on the M-LOK handguard (I have the Chassis model), and a Romeo 5 red dot optic on the top rail. I prefer the optic to the laser on the PCC.

Let us know what you end up choosing, and how you like it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I purchased a TLR7 from Amazon. I installed it on the PC9 today .I called Streamlight to verify it would work. They told me to use the 1913-4 key. Fits perfectly and allows use of the sling stud.
It Also works on my Ruger American compact 9mm using the same key. It does extend 3mm beyond the end of the barrel, but it's main home will be on the PC. Very happy with it.
Motodoc42

·
Registered
69 Posts
I purchased a TLR7 from Amazon. I installed it on the PC9 today .I called Streamlight to verify it would work. They told me to use the 1913-4 key. Fits perfectly and allows use of the sling stud.
It Also works on my Ruger American compact 9mm using the same key. It does extend 3mm beyond the end of the barrel, but it's main home will be on the PC. Very happy with it.
Motodoc42
Can you please post a pic of your PCC with the TLR7.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts