Ruger Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got the Olight Baldr Pro in and it’s perfect...except it’s about half a cm too long to get far enough down the rail for the 1913 insert to get into the slot. I can get the light on the rail and clamp it down using the quick detach lever but it’s obviously not fully secured. I don’t suppose there’s any easy way to remove that sling stud/eyelet “conveniently” located right on the end of the rail, is there??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got the Olight Baldr Pro in and it’s perfect...except it’s about half a cm too long to get far enough down the rail for the 1913 insert to get into the slot. I can get the light on the rail and clamp it down using the quick detach lever but it’s obviously not fully secured. I don’t suppose there’s any easy way to remove that sling stud/eyelet “conveniently” located right on the end of the rail, is there??
Update: all I had to do was grab an Allen wrench and slide it through the hole on the sling stud and with a little torque to break the seal it was easy to back the screw out. I removed the forend from the barrel before doing this...not sure that was necessary but made it much easier to work with. Now that the stud is out of the way the Olight Baldr Pro can be installed on the rail with the 1913 key up in the slot and quick detach lever clamped down, no wiggle at all. I’ll try to find some sort of flush fitting screw to fill the hole...probably not necessary but will satisfy my OCD that everything is buttoned up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Streamlight TLR-2 HL G. It's the mutt's nuts. It's very bright indeed and the green laser is very easy to pick up in bright conditions. One thing I like over the Surefire lights is the strobe option, accessible with a double-tap. The SL remote switch I bought is very well made, too.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts