Ruger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had to try it, and it works perfectly.

Sadly, I cannot use it. It cuts my hand when the gun recoils. I must have a little deformity or something, but the bottom of the battery compartment hits my hand, and after a full mag, I'm bleeding.

Nuts.

I really like the laser, even if it does make the gun a little bit fat in the middle. It still fit in my Remora perfectly and is otherwise very inobtrusive.

Anyone else run into this? Anyone find a fix?

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Is there any way to smooth the area that is hitting your hand? A file or sandpaper? Is the battery compartment polymer, or metal? Im assuming poly, so shaping should be possible. The LC9 IS a handfull when shooting. I had problems with the LaserMax cutting my trigger finger when shooting. I have since switched it to the Crimson Trace and the problem is solved. The LaserMax body, the way it wraps around the trigger guard was the problem. Sorry I cant help with the LaserLyte, but if you decide its a not going to work, spend the money for the Crimson Trace. The instant on feature is worth the money. Your life is worth the few extra dollars, and the split second that it takes to try and find the on switch, might be the difference between survival or tragedy.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I believe that I am going to go with Crimson Trace. I like having the laser available but the Laserlyte mount is very sharp right where it crosses my knuckle. The edge is on thew battery compartment and I'm kinda afraid that if I do any shaping or sanding in that area, the battery compartment will be compromised.

I debated about the CT laser in the first place but I was swayed by the difference in cost ($80 vs $150). As usual, I'm going to end up spending more money by trying to save some.

But please, folks, don't see this as an indictment of the Laserlyte product. It works perfectly. Its the anatomy of my right hand that has a problem.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
The Crimson Trace has the advantage over any laser that has an on/off switch. I have 2 LaserMax lasers, and they work just fine, but in a crisis, I dont want to be fumbling for the switch. I will have other things to worry about. I now have 6 Crimson Trace LaserGrips, and wont buy any other style. As a matter of fact, I was recently trying to decide between 2 different handguns, one had a Crimson Trace available for it and the other didnt. I bought the one that there was a Crimson Trace for, even though the other choice held 5 more rounds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.