Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got sunny and low 70s this weekend. I wish everyone here on RF did..........:cool:

On a usual range trip, I take whichever 2-3 guns I haven't shot in the last trip or two. This is likely my last time until spring, though. I'm tempted to take them all.

The one drawback, with this weather, the range will probably be really busy. Decisions, decisions.......:confused:

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I shoot all winter. Maybe not as much but I still shoot. Sometimes when its below freezing its hard to cycle guns or get my fingers to work. Loading magazines can be painfull when its cold.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Over here, it's just getting better each day..... :D

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
We're done outside for the year---10"-18" snow in last 24 hours, 17 degrees (windchill zero), winds to 35MPH. A typical North Dakota November blizzard. The temps will moderate, and the sun will come out again, but winter is here to stay until April. Indoor range will get good use.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
We're done outside for the year---10"-18" snow in last 24 hours, 17 degrees (windchill zero), winds to 35MPH. A typical North Dakota November blizzard.
Holy shit! :eek::eek::eek: That's terrible. Ohio winter sucks, but it doesn't start this soon.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
We're done outside for the year---10"-18" snow in last 24 hours, 17 degrees (windchill zero), winds to 35MPH. A typical North Dakota November blizzard. The temps will moderate, and the sun will come out again, but winter is here to stay until April. Indoor range will get good use.
Only blizzards around here are at the local Dairy Queen.:D

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Here in the "deep south" we don't have that problem. We have about five months of "fall/spring" to look forward to. It's kinda nice to just skip winter.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Here in the "deep south" we don't have that problem. We have about five months of "fall/spring" to look forward to. It's kinda nice to just skip winter.
We usually have mild winters here but you can travel 50 miles east to the mountain passes and have ten feet of snow on the ground.

·
/Brownster/Blk Dynamite
1,128 Posts
It snowed over a foot the past two days at the Brewster residence

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
It snowed over a foot the past two days at the Brewster residence
King of the avatar changers.
Too wild Brewster baby..... :eek:

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
We usually have mild winters here but you can travel 50 miles east to the mountain passes and have ten feet of snow on the ground.
And you would do that why?

I actually liked some parts of winter in Wisconsin. I miss snow at Christmas. Going to a cold weather game at Lambeau field is an experience not to be missed. Growing up there, my friends and I hated "brown" winters. We actually prayed for snow.

In more recent years I began to dread the coming of winter. I definitely do not want to go back to it.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I've got sunny and low 70s this weekend. I wish everyone here on RF did..........:cool:

On a usual range trip, I take whichever 2-3 guns I haven't shot in the last trip or two. This is likely my last time until spring, though. I'm tempted to take them all.

The one drawback, with this weather, the range will probably be really busy. Decisions, decisions.......:confused:
So this will be the weekend you shoot for the Fall contest?

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
And you would do that why?

I actually liked some parts of winter in Wisconsin. I miss snow at Christmas. Going to a cold weather game at Lambeau field is an experience not to be missed. Growing up there, my friends and I hated "brown" winters. We actually prayed for snow.

In more recent years I began to dread the coming of winter. I definitely do not want to go back to it.
I cross-country ski and snowshoe. Being older now I don't go into the backcountry like I did when I was younger. Some of the cross-country trails are groomed and coffee and donuts aren't too far away. I drive the ski bus for the YMCA so I'll be going twice a week starting in January.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Ok, back to the OP. We shoot at our range all winter long, but it usually means walking through snowdrifts and range sessions NEVER last long. Beats sitting in the house, though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts