Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine said, "I don't have a use for this", so I checked it over and its pretty much in 90% only because of some minor chips to the finish of the stock... gonna change this to a Choate Stock anyways. I'm also going to be changing the scope out for a nice mil dot varminter type. I would have liked this in stainless but for this price that I got it for... who cares.

But the price oooooh so nice for $180.00 :D

Marlin 917V .17 HMR

Oh now I can not wait for springtime.....

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
its Christmas!!!!!

Have fun with that little puppy!!!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
boy ya got some fun now give us a report on how she does.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Great deal, and they say the .17HMR is a hot little caliber. I haven't tried them yet but if I were to find a deal like that I think I would give them a whirl.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
You’re going to love the .17. I bought a savage a couple of years ago for night varmint hunting (it’s only legal in Michigan with rim fires). I love it, once you figure out what ammo your gun likes, you will not believe the 100 yard accuracy. The marlins have a good reputation and the ballistics of this little round just makes them inherently accurate.

Make sure you get more scope than what you think you will need, I originally had a 4-12 x 40 Bushnell on mine, and when I figured out it was capable of ½ groups at 100 yds, I decided to go with a 6-18 x 50 Bushnell.

With a good rest, and when I do my part, I have shot black birds at 140 yards with mine. :D

And if you ever want to know anything about your gun, or .17’s in general http://www.rimfirecentral.com has a ton of information.

The only down side of the .17, the wind does play havoc with them. That and they are so fun to shoot that you can go through a lot of ammo. But heck, at rim fire prices, shoot ‘em up. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Get you some large jaw breakers (1 1/2") and put them on long golf tees at 75, 100, 125 and 150 yards and see what it will do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts