Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When was the last time you shot you Ruger[?][^][?]
I shoot my Sp-101 .357 mag about once a week. Everytime I get to the gun range I run a box of my roll your own. Their not fire crackers but they are still going at about 1150 to 1250 feet a second.
I use this gun for CC a lot and I want to be on my game if I have to use it. I also use a 1911/.45 for CC and I run about a box through it a week too. Oh my box's are a 100rds.
How about any others out there, tell us how you use yours[?]:D[?]

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Unfortunatly I live right outside of Atlanta, Georgia so shooting in my back yard isn't permitted. We have a 25' indoor shooting range down the road, but I don't really care for indoor ranges. The nearest outdoor range is just north of Gainesville, GA which is a 45 minute drive. I try to hit this range monthly, but lately I haven't been able to due to a new baby.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I live on a 1000acre beef ranch north of Tulsa, OK. I carry a 1911 in a shoulder rig while I'm out on the place. I shoot at least one mag through it a day due to all the armadillos that are about to carry me off. I use the 230gr wolf fmj, so they are cheap to shoot and do a very good job on those possum on a half shell...

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Keith Smith

What's wrong with Armadillos? Just target practice, or do they dig holes causing a hazard to live stock?
Dig big holes that can break livestock legs, and cause problems mowing. To Ranchers they come next after wild hogs for distruction of pasture and hay land.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Keith Smith, I wonder what size round the person was shooting the praire dogs with?

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's what I figured, it's my understanding that the 22-250 is like the ultimate coyote and varmint round and is a flat shooting round. I think I might by the 22-250 barrel for my T/C Encore rifle, since a barrel is cheap and I can still use the same stock/reciever assembly even though it is a single shot.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Man I would love to do that. We had more problems with chubby old ground hogs which are a blast to shoot too. All we had was .22' and shot guns. It was fun though.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
The 22-250 has a very high velocity, and disipates almost all energy on impact, thrus causing the exploding effect on the varmints. You don't need hollow points with a 22-250!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Lemme see... I shot my 5.5" SBH last week. Below is a pic. The target is from 3-4 years back, but is pretty typical of what it and I can do.

Not the best pic, but you get the idea... [8D]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts