Ruger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
17,835 Posts
Nice snag. They sure look to be in good shape.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Target

Just so you don't think the Colts are just safe queens, check out the target I shot last week with the Trooper. 21' no form of rest, just two hand combat hold. Measured .924". That's pretty good for a one eyed fat man. LOL. :D

The Mode 3 5 7 hasn't arrived yet but I anticipate similar results from it. :)

· Registered
337 Posts
Awesome codition. Nice find.

· Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Very nice, great find.
Congratulations & enjoy.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
3 5 7

schutzruger, The Python was introduced in 55 and ran thru 2004 I think, while the 357 model ran from 54-61. People who wanted the top of the line Colt DA revolver bought the 357 at first. When the Python became available they bought the Python. The Colt Trooper got most of the law enforcment buyers as it was the more economical of the three. So that left the 357 as the odd man out. Produced for only 7 years they are much less common than the Troopers or Pythons. :)

· Registered
839 Posts
I love those Colt revolvers. I still have one I bought new about 1974 0r 75. A Trooper Mark lll, 2 inch in nickle finish, round butt. Still have the original box. I'd post a picture but I'm too lazy to figure out how to do it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.