Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like most of you, there are guys who say, regarding various ammo manufacturers -- "Mine ate any brand from the first time I fired it" or "Every individual 10/22 has a favorite so get 3 kinds & see for yourself" or "Mine was jamming with every kind except Brand Blahblah -- use that."

For response answers here, could you nice fellows just stick to the brands and bullet types which YOUR OWN 10/22 shot reliably from the very first round you put through it. Thanks in advance, as we say . . .

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,049 Posts
stephend1714, No offence but maybe you should read your own post. Fact is ... ammo and guns don't always match up so asking what ammo works best in one 10/22 owner's gun is pretty fruitless. I would suggest you take a few minutes to download and read an article I posted in the Forum Library, titled "22 Long Rifle Ammo and Accuracy ". Here's a link: http://rugerforum.net/library/106039-22-long-rifle-ammo-accuracy.html

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
3,255 Posts
Maybe within a person's first ten posts on the forum, those newbies could refrain from proposing forum rules for tens of thousands of other, more established users. Sorry Stephend, but I personally find those sorts of anecdotal comments about .22lr very useful.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
O.P. --- Justifiable criticism accepted, and thank you for pointing out an attitude problem, so to speak. I will bail out of this thread and read the link suggested by Iowegan.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,049 Posts
stephend1714, As it turns out, this topic is one of the most popular on the forum .... which is why I wrote the reference article. Maybe other 22 LR owners may understand why brand X shoots accurately and reliably in one rifle yet jams and shoots poor groups in another.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
To be quite honest about it, I have never really worried about exactly WHY certain guns like certain ammo . . . just accepting that the guns and ammo are "individuals" and not all individuals agree on everything. Having an understanding of manufacturing procedures and tolerances reinforces this approach.

That said, IOWEGAN's article should be required reading for all "gunnies" as it applies to some degree to all gun/ammo combinations.

JMHO
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts