Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into getting a concealed carry permit but ran into some interesting information. That info being "Does your sheriff enter you into a Criminal Database"? I live in Colorado and live in one of the counties that do this. Link to page: http://www.rmgo.org/alerts/2007-ccic.shtml

What is this? Does it happen outside of Colorado and should I be concerned? I don't want to go through the trouble just to be put into a database that will cause me more problems.

Any info on this would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Tribal

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
In Arkansas, where I live, your CCW permit is tied to your drivers license. If you are stopped they run your license and it returns that you are CCW permit holder. They are not allowed to track it by any other means, by law, or so I've read...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
In Tx, when an officer runs my truck plate, he can get my Dr. Lic....when he runs my Dr. Lic, it indicates on his screen that I'm a permit holder, just like hair color and birthdate...also when an officer asks me for an ID, and I give him my Dr. Lic or State ID, I am required by law to hand him my permit also...therefore the second the meeting turns "official", he knows he's dealing with a person who may be armed...that's only happened 3 times in the 5+ years I've carried, once traffic and twice when I wrote police reports on something for them...and the response everytime has been friendly and relaxed...I don't think the fact that I'm in the computer so that he gets a tip-off is anything but good...I don't think it would cause you any problems, that's just where they chose to log it in, and that's what they check on people with...I would think your very attitude and demeanor would let them know you're no problem, unless you get an officer who's got a poor attitude...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just don't like being reported to a criminal data base because I'm doing something that is legal. Just doesn't feel right. Thanks for the replies though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.