Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an lc9 for about a year. I really like the gun but I recently read that ruger is not going to make anymore. I heard this from a very reputable dealer. Has anyone heard any thing about this?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I don't know why they would. The 9mm cartridge makes so much more sense than the .380. With that said, if I wanted a small 9mm, I'd buy the better SR9c in 9mm instead.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Don't believe anything a 'dealer' tells you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Don't think that would be the case if it's as popular as I see on these boards. On the RV Forums they say................if the salesmans lips are moving, he's probably not telling the truth. :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
LC9 is a hot seller for Ruger. They have announced an extended 9 rd magazine for 2013. I have heard rumors that the LC9 will not be sold in Ma. soon. Just an unconfirmed rumor.

·
Registered
629 Posts
This comes up quite often on this forum, because somone read or heard that the LC9 is not going to be sold anymore.
This leads back to makng it compliant and approving it for sale in Massachusetts, but not hearing the whole story according to my local gun shop.
Ruger is not going to quit selling one of their top sellers, heck they just brought out a twin brother in the LC380.

·
Registered
400 Posts
LC9 is a hot seller for Ruger. They have announced an extended 9 rd magazine for 2013. I have heard rumors that the LC9 will not be sold in Ma. soon. Just an unconfirmed rumor.
This will do well in New York, (7 rd mag) might be hard to find soon, unless Ruger starts making tons of them

·
Registered
760 Posts
Wonder why people would get the new LC380 instead of the LC9. For concealment carry purposes I would rather have the LC9.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Wonder why people would get the new LC380 instead of the LC9. For concealment carry purposes I would rather have the LC9.
Much less felt recoil, slide easier to rack. Many people cant shoot the LCP or even the LC9 because of issues with hand strength, and physical limitations in their arms and wrists. Ruger states in the product advertising the the new LC380 is their softest shooting conceal carry pistol ever.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's a common sales tactic to give an impression of limited availibility and time. Maybe he was trying to convince you to buy one by making you believe they wouldn't be available soon.

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
I have had an lc9 for about a year. I really like the gun but I recently read that ruger is not going to make anymore. I heard this from a very reputable dealer. Has anyone heard any thing about this?
The Ruger LC9 is no longer MA complaint. We can only get what is already in the state. No new ones will be coming to Massachusetts. They are still fully available in free states.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts