Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was a day off so I decided to spend some time at the range putting some rounds through some paper. Until this point I have only put 28 rounds through the gun, so this was going to be my first chance to get acquainted with my LC380.

For the first magazine I started at about 7 yards. First round was just a little right in the 10 ring, and the same thing for the second. The trigger pull is really long and somewhat difficult to get used to. The last 5 rounds were all inside the bulls eye. Not too shabby if I say so myself. Second magazine I moved back to 15 yards and it took me three mags to get the same results that I had at 7 yards: 5 out of 7 in the bulls eye - again the long trigger pull is doing me in. The third distance was 20 yards. This trigger pull is giving me all kinds of problems and my pattern is everywhere. Too dismal to report any kind of results.

What I know from my time on the range: with my current skills, I have a CCW that is good out to 15 yards. With more practice, the 20 yard distance will come in, but for now I am very happy with where I am at. As a final folly I fired a mag in rapid fire from 15 yards and was able to get all 7 rounds within the 8 ring, so if I need to use it, I am sure it will do what I need it to do. All totaled I fired 100 rounds and only had a few feed issues with some Fiocchi ammo early, but that seemed to stop.

Now I need to buy some more ammo and work on figuring out that long trigger pull.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Good report Brian, I am having the same issue with the extraordinarily long trigger and it is taking some getting used to. I am waiting for Galloway to get back in full swing and then will most likely have the pull shortened by them. Otherwise I am very pleased with the gun and found it to be accurate as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts