Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Count Ursunk
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the specs the same as the LC9, as for as the frame? Could you actually finger chamber a 9mm into the LC380 and fire it.......with or without the mag? Or is it not built to stand the pressure?

·
Registered
283 Posts
The .380 is shorter than a 9mm so a longer 9mm would not chamber all the way in a .380 and if you did get it to go off the gun would be out of battery which would be dangerous.

·
Count Ursunk
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The .380 is shorter than a 9mm so a longer 9mm would not chamber all the way in a .380 and if you did get it to go off the gun would be out of battery which would be dangerous.
Thanks Jonesy.......that would be like trying to poke a 3 inch mag into a 2 and three quarter inch chambered shotgun. I'm a rookie on semi pistols. Got a lot to learn.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
9mmP (9x19mm) is also a tapered case, unlike .380 (9x17mm) which has straight sides.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Thanks Jonesy.......that would be like trying to poke a 3 inch mag into a 2 and three quarter inch chambered shotgun. I'm a rookie on semi pistols. Got a lot to learn.
But at least you are willing to ask. That is a whole lot smarter than just trying it and either damaging a firearm or getting someone hurt.

·
Count Ursunk
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But at least you are willing to ask. That is a whole lot smarter than just trying it and either damaging a firearm or getting someone hurt.
Exactly.....world of difference in the functions of a revolver compared to a semi. Picked up the wife's LC380 today from Gander. Attempted to replace the floor plate on the mag with the pinky ext. Spring went bouncing of the wall and ceiling. Found the spring but still looking for the seat. Gonna get another mag....but can you buy the seats only?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Found the spring but still looking for the seat. Gonna get another mag....but can you buy the seats only?
If you can't find it, give Ruger a call and tell them what happened, they may send you one free. Ruger has excellent customer service.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Exactly.....world of difference in the functions of a revolver compared to a semi. Picked up the wife's LC380 today from Gander. Attempted to replace the floor plate on the mag with the pinky ext. Spring went bouncing of the wall and ceiling. Found the spring but still looking for the seat. Gonna get another mag....but can you buy the seats only?
You are the 1st 1 to have the spring fly!:rolleyes:

Please keep in mind that Ruger makes a conversion kit for the pistol also.

·
Count Ursunk
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you can't find it, give Ruger a call and tell them what happened, they may send you one free. Ruger has excellent customer service.
Called ruger today. Great customer service. She said I should get it in the mail in about 4 or 5 days....no charge.

·
Count Ursunk
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are the 1st 1 to have the spring fly!:rolleyes:

Please keep in mind that Ruger makes a conversion kit for the pistol also.
She did verify that I was the 1st at my address to have this unheard of problem of.....failure to read the manual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts