1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
2,872 Posts
What is new about this one? Hasn't this been chambered in 380 for some time now?

What I was hoping to see is that they finally made it striker fired, i.e. an LC380s.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ruger's reintroducing it to the Kalifornia market.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good for some people I guess. :) But they still need to introduce a striker fired version! :D
I agree. But beggars in Kalifornia can't be choosers :)
This kind of news gives me hope that I will be a future owner of a SR1911CA.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts

Interesting. Ruger is walking back in time with this model in order to not have to do the microstamping requirement crap.

And later on, it can be converted to a LC9 (original version) by buying a parts kit. I suppose that prevents Ruger from having to get two seperate models CA approved.

Ruger Firearms News

Later this year, Ruger plans to expand its offerings of Genuine Ruger Factory Parts & Accessories to include a 9mm caliber conversion kit for the LC380. The kit will allow owners of a Ruger LC380 or LC380CA to convert their pistol to safely and reliably fire 9mm Luger ammunition, providing added flexibility to shoot either lighter recoiling .380 Auto or more powerful 9mm Luger in the same handgun.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. Ruger is walking back in time with this model in order to not have to do the microstamping requirement crap.

And later on, it can be converted to a LC9 (original version) by buying a parts kit. I suppose that prevents Ruger from having to get two seperate models CA approved.

Ruger Firearms News

Later this year, Ruger plans to expand its offerings of Genuine Ruger Factory Parts & Accessories to include a 9mm caliber conversion kit for the LC380. The kit will allow owners of a Ruger LC380 or LC380CA to convert their pistol to safely and reliably fire 9mm Luger ammunition, providing added flexibility to shoot either lighter recoiling .380 Auto or more powerful 9mm Luger in the same handgun.
Now, that's interesting.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts

Ruger Firearms News

Now, that's interesting.
Indeed.
I wondered how they got around micro-stamping and I like the idea of the combo calibers .380 and 9mm.
Thanks mndoggie.

I just might stray from my revolverlove.... nah .... maybe .. :eek:

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
2,872 Posts
Does this also mean that an LC9s could be someday "converted" to a striker fired LC380s?

As you can tell I'm itching for an LC380s to appear on the market. :)

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Does this also mean that an LC9s could be someday "converted" to a striker fired LC380s?

As you can tell I'm itching for an LC380s to appear on the market. :)
A person would think that it is a simple matter of changing mags, barrel, recoils spring (and possible a striker spring).

It appears however, that the hammer fired LC series, while taken off the Ruger website a few months ago, is doing a "phoenix".

It's a shame that those who enjoy firearms in CA won't get to experience the great trigger of the striker LC9s in their own state.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts