Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well like I mentioned in a previous thread I received the the LC9 back from ruger. They did a great job of correcting the FTE issues. Once I got home from the range to check it out I decided to make up a holster to use with the lazermax site I put on here. I took time to make this one up.

Hand tooled, sewn, dyed, and formed. 12 degree FBI forward cant.
Next up (if I ever get time) a IWB holster/belt combo for myself.

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Nice holster! Great work. And it's a style i would use... if I still had my LC9. ;)

Did Ruger say what was wrong?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice holster! Great work. And it's a style i would use... if I still had my LC9. ;)

Did Ruger say what was wrong?
I had the store where I bought it handle sending it in for repairs under warranty. Word I received from the gun shop was Ruger told them that they have been having the issue with a quite a few units of the LC9. They replaced the barrel and the extractor as far as I know. They also tossed in a nice Ruger Logo cleaning cloth. The only real issue I had was it took over 1 month but, they stood behind it and I'm a happy man.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Very nice indeed. Fine work sir.

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
I had the store where I bought it handle sending it in for repairs under warranty. Word I received from the gun shop was Ruger told them that they have been having the issue with a quite a few units of the LC9. They replaced the barrel and the extractor as far as I know. They also tossed in a nice Ruger Logo cleaning cloth. The only real issue I had was it took over 1 month but, they stood behind it and I'm a happy man.
Cool. Glad it worked out. Some people complain about Ruger not having a written warranty. But I think if you treat them right, they'll take care of you. Any mechanical device can have failures but good companies take care of customers who wind up with one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
LC9 Holster

Well like I mentioned in a previous thread I received the the LC9 back from ruger. They did a great job of correcting the FTE issues. Once I got home from the range to check it out I decided to make up a holster to use with the lazermax site I put on here. I took time to make this one up. \

Hand tooled, sewn, dyed, and formed. 12 degree FBI forward cant.
Next up (if I ever get time) a IWB holster/belt combo for myself.

That holster is a beauty for sure. My LC9 went back to Ruger for FTE and the magazine coming unlocked while firing. They fixed it and had it back to me in 2 weeks! I was both happy and impressed. Anyway, love the leather. Gives me an idea or two. memphismark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts