Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local gun store is saying on their website that Ruger will not be making the lC9 anymore. Has any one else heard about this? Check it out at pullmanarms.com.

If true what will replace it?

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Gun stores will tell you anything and everything to try and entice you to buy a gun. Ruger still lists the LC9 on their website and they just started selling a package deal with two different brands of lasers.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me. Some people love it, but many don't. Maybe they aren't selling. This might be a good time to take a look at all the customer feedback, make improvements and reintroduce it. That would be a good thing actually. There is a big market for this size pistol and caliber.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
A local gun store is saying on their website that Ruger will not be making the lC9 anymore. Has any one else heard about this? Check it out at pullmanarms.com.

There have been rumors that the MA compliant version will not be available any more. Don't know if that is true or not.

Since you appear to be in MA, perhaps that is what your gun store is thinking.

·
Registered
629 Posts
They seem to be selling well in my area and many of my friends have purchased them and like them much better than the LCP. Few companies will dump a proven seller, its far cheaper to make improvements than develope a new product. I have been in many gun stores and I have heard a lot of misinformation over the years from a few. The statement sounds like a sales tactic to me....better get one now they are hard too get or I can't get anymore.....heard that many times before.

·
Registered
629 Posts

Just checked with a local dealer, who said it may be that Ruger is discontinuing production of the MA compliant LC9 for awhile, but not production of the LC9 as a whole for other areas. I'm sure Ruger will have a annoucement if the MA LC9 is unavailable for awhile.

·
Registered
721 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me. Some people love it, but many don't. Maybe they aren't selling. This might be a good time to take a look at all the customer feedback, make improvements and reintroduce it. That would be a good thing actually. There is a big market for this size pistol and caliber.
I think THIS guy is right. I love my LC9, but if I could blink my eye, I would give it a much better (shorter) trigger, drop the ugly instrusive LCI on top of the gun, and maybe have options for a larger mag w/adapter. But the market for CCW is huge these days (plus SOME women looking for smaller guns), and a small, single stack 9 like this is in the sweet spot. Maybe they are going smaller like KelTec or Rohrbach?? Overall, I like my gun and don't regret the purchase. I think the street price should be closer to 320 though (vs the 390 I paid).

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Just checked with a local dealer, who said it may be that Ruger is discontinuing production of the MA compliant LC9 for awhile, but not production of the LC9 as a whole for other areas. I'm sure Ruger will have a annoucement if the MA LC9 is unavailable for awhile.
If so, they may be discontinuing the mag disconnect, LCI, and internal lock. If so, I'll buy another.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I love my LC9, but as a lefty I'd buy another if it had an ambi thumb safety...and maybe an improved trigger.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I purchased one several months ago and was surprised with it's accuracy. It's also very light and can be carried all day effortlessly. The trigger was lousy from the factory but easily fixed. The mag disconnect as well was easily fixed. Both mods were really cheap. It's had over 1000 rounds so far without a hiccup so I can't complain. I still have less in it than what a new M&P Shield is bringing. On one side of the coin the detractions are sorta annoying when you first buy but on the other side of the coin Ruger was very smart in designing it so the trigger, mag disconnect could be easily and simply "remedied". I cannot imagine Ruger halting a gun model than is selling faster than they can produce them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not overly surprised if true - though likely not. But personally I thought the pistol was one of the worst ones I have every owned. Traded it for a Kahr PM9 and couldn't have been happier.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I heard they were discontinuing the 10/22. Not selling very well. Going to add LCI, magazine disconnect and an internal lock. :rolleyes: Dont believe what you hear in gun shops.

·
Registered
864 Posts
new trigger pull weight will make it illegal in mass.

I heard that Ruger is changing the trigger pull , thus making it lighter pull and illegal in Mass.
Mass requires a heavy trigger pull on new pistols approved for sale....they actually keep an approved gun list on the Attorney generals website.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just spoke to Ruger Service today, and nothing was said about discontinuing the LC9. In fact, I mentioned to the lady that I might buy another one, and she did not say anything to suggest they will be discontinued.

·
Banned
698 Posts
Checked with local shops here. All said first they heard of it. Everyone said the have had a hard time getting the gun in stock so a newer version may be coming down the Pike but they don't believe it would be a major change.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts