Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back at the range I lost my rear site but did not know it. When I was cleaning up for the day a saw this part on the table. I did not know what it was. I called Ruger and they sent me a new site free. I was looking at the Shop Ruger site and they had this part listed as a Firing Pin Blocker. I kept the part and today I took off the site and dropped in the part. I dry fired it and it all seem well. Does anyone know that this part does?

·
Registered
78 Posts
36 Pawl, Hammer Dog & Crane Latch KH05100V LC9 Spring Plunger
37 Firing Pin Blocker Spring CP05650 LC9

Did you find these two parts as well, it looks like they would have fallen out with:
32 Firing Pin Blocker CP05050 LC9

I believe you will need all three for proper operation.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure I will have to look. I know that the guns fires now. I have used it several time since missing the parts.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is part of the pistols safety system so if it were me I'd be a bit careful using it if there are pieces missing, especially if you are caring with a round in the chamber. This is what prevents the firing pin from striking until the trigger is pulled. I know there is an external safety but I've never been a big fan of them.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will call ruger on monday and send it back to them so that they can make sure is is complete.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Good move sending it back...a faulty firing pin blocker can prevent the firing pin from retracting fully back into the channel after firing and will stop the pistol from functioning. Could even break the tip of the firing pin off as it extracts/ejects the spent round.
Ruger CS will take care of you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If this pin was on the floor, so was the Firing Pin Blocker Spring and Plunger.
The rear sight holds all three of these parts in the gun. Reassembly requires no tools or adjustments but I doubt you will be able for ind these two parts as they are only 1/10 the size of the blocker. (assembly amounts to nothing more than placing the blocker in the recess on top, followed by the spring and then the plunger sits in the top of the spring. Then you slide the rear sight on.)
Safest is to send it in.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called Ruger and it went back to them today. They suggested they take the gun and go through it and make sure it is all safe. I should have it back in 7-10 days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts